BRUINS GDT GAME 38 7:08 PM - Tampa Bay - NESN, NESN 4K, ESPN+, 98.5 WBZ-FM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
It was a mean spirited game of shinny, just as we were discussing in the "Are You Entertained" thread. Best game of Freddy's career. I hope it is the start of something.

One caution though, they won't win the big ones playing this incredibly sloppy, fancy run and gun style. However, for a night, all is well....

And yes, I enjoyed eating some crow....but still don't think I will be wrong in the end, about Monty, about Cooper or about the Bruins. However, I am kind of enjoying the ride.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ladyfan

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
Enjoyable to say the least.

Solid team performance. I have to tip my hat to Monty and Sweeney. I did not think Geekie could ever be a 1C and I never thought he'd fit with Pasta but that line has really come together and does in fact fit well.

Thought Poitras looked like he has gotten his confidence back even with losing at those Worlds. He was very good, seemed very aware, but he still holds at the boards too long and he's going to get crunched. It's going to be a painful learning process for the kid on that.

The negative is Lindholm looked like playoff Lindholm and the D as a whole shows you that they will fold under a heavy forecheck in the playoffs. It's a definite weakness.

Reactions: BMC

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Big win. Fun time. The defense makes me sick sometimes, but overall this was a lovely time. I especially love being impressed by Geekie and Frederic, of all people!

Projector humming along to Netflix. Heating pad is on full blast. Just had Dino nuggets and now i have a bowl of ice cream.

Reactions: BMC and Mione134

bruins19

Aug 11, 2005
good win.
our defense scares me.
when forbort comes back id feel more comfortable with wotherspoon in there instead of gryz.
lindolm and carlo can not be a pair
In our own end, we ranged between scrambling and a dumpster fire. Happy with the result, though.

Reactions: BMC

GahdenRinkRat

Bruins' Den Mother
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2008
By the Dirty Watah
Ironically, the fastest and easiest trip home by T in a long while. Since no one has started a post-game thread I’ll leave these pics of the happy Captain’s line and ‘tendie hug with all the dance steps here.
IMG_3713.jpeg
IMG_3715.jpeg
IMG_3716.jpeg
IMG_3717.jpeg
IMG_3718.jpeg
IMG_3719.jpeg
IMG_3720.jpeg
IMG_3721.jpeg
IMG_3722.jpeg
IMG_3723.jpeg
IMG_3724.jpeg
IMG_3726.jpeg
IMG_3727.jpeg
IMG_3728.jpeg
IMG_3719.jpeg
IMG_3714.jpeg

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Poitras looked great. I’m convinced he struggled with the larger ice in the juniors.

He looked at home tonight.
Just in. Once I hit NH it was a white out with the snow going sideways. Once I got off the highway you couldn't see the lines on the roads. Car did fine but it wasn't a big test as we don't have much snow...yet. I am happy I left my outside Christmas lights on as they looked pretty.

Matty P. always comes out before the pregame skate and sits on the bench. Many don't know who he is because he only has a t shirt and shorts on. He had a huge smile on his face tonight.

I was a bit worried when he went past us with a bloody towel covering his face but loved that he came back.

Fun game.

Poor Bs getting on a plane and flying out tonight.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Just in. Once I hit NH it was a white out with the snow going sideways. Once I got off the highway you couldn't see the lines on the roads. Car did fine but it wasn't a big test as we don't have much snow...yet. I am happy I left my outside Christmas lights on as they looked pretty.

Matty P. always comes out before the pregame skate and sits on the bench. Many don't know who he is because he only has a t shirt and shorts on. He had a huge smile on his face tonight.

I was a bit worried when he went past us with a bloody towel covering his face but loved that he came back.

Fun game.

Poor Bs getting on a plane and flying out tonight.
Glad you had a safe trip home

It was good to see Poitras back with the Bruins tonight
He reminds me of an old timex watch "he takes a licking and keeps on ticking"

Reactions: BMC and Ladyfan

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Great game, wonder if all the Frederic haters still want him waived, left unprotected or if the speed and skill crowd is eating some crow.

Speaking of speed and skill I really don't ever need to see Boqvist on this team again. If Mongomery isn't going to play Beecher move him or send him down and add a Sam.Carrick style 4th center.

Like the Frederic-Poitras-Heinen line, I will eat some crow on Heinen, he has been much more physical than he was his first time here and at 775K his defense is welcome with a young center like Poitras.

As mentioned they have to break up Lindholm-Carlo, put Lindholm with McAvoy and Wotherspoon with Carlo. Shattenkirk had another very good game.

I loved Frederics response hit on Jeannot for his hit on Poitras. I like Jeannot a lot and would love him here but nice to see somebody stick up for Poitras.

Overall good, entertaining game. They manage to get five points on this road trip I would be pretty happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad