GDT: Game #36 | Cats @ Leafs | 7PM LeafsTV II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

bunjay

Nov 9, 2008
You also said Kessel wouldn't score nor would he show up in the playoffs, how did that work out?

I've had my eye on Holland, during his Guelph Storms days and I'm aware what he is and isn't capable of. He's still young and by no means is he our top gun, he still learning, he has skill but he doesn't have the defensive accumen those two have not even close.

So far for the Leafs I've thought Holland's defensive awareness has been a real strength of his.

Pyromaniac3

Dec 19, 2011
Toronto
Lol Gards hasn't played when we need offense meanwhile Fraser plays after giving up the puck every shift.

I have noticed that in both Pens and this game that opposing defenders have the easiest breakout I have ever seen. No pressure at all.

leafstilldeath*

Hey Carlyle, when we play a rush game we play pretty well eh.... lol

Alerion

Dec 24, 2012
Halifax, NS
Our top line needs to step up and put some points on the board. They've been far too silent lately. Even against Chicago it was the second and third lines that did all the work.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
he may have a few good shift or games.. but he will disappear for a good 30-40 games every year ..

Kules is a legit 2nd liner, he has been given a defensive checking line role for a while now. It's not his true vocation.

Oh well.

Darylman

Aug 1, 2009
This is absolutely awful hockey. We have ZERO identity. We don't hit, we don't cycle, we don't rush..wtf are we?

TheInsignia

Apr 12, 2013
Calgary, AB
Bbu5Y1JCYAAtWyN.jpg
?

Shanty

July hockey is where bridges are burned
Jan 9, 2010
Toronto
I'm just yelling at my computer. I should just be a Chicago fan, for my health's sake.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
What I don't understand is why they only start putting in this effort when they are down by 2 or more goals
i don't know whats going on but im not happy about it and there seriously needs to be something to get this **** under control.
So far for the Leafs I've thought Holland's defensive awareness has been a real strength of his.

he's always been able to cover the puck well but defensively he's been so so for me tbh. I need more for him, he was a high flyer always, even in the AHL but I don't know man.

bunjay

Nov 9, 2008
We've needed Kessel to get it done for us in a bunch of close games recently and he's just totally lost his finish. So many great chances for him.

DaveT83*

You also said Kessel wouldn't score nor would he show up in the playoffs, how did that work out?

I've had my eye on Holland, during his Guelph Storms days and I'm aware what he is and isn't capable of. He's still young and by no means is he our top gun, he still learning, he has skill but he doesn't have the defensive accumen those two have not even close.

Wow - my track record must be pretty spotless if thats the only thing your able to throw out.

Kessel is a wonderful player. This team however will NEVER and has NEVER won a meaningful game with him leading the charge. 6 years I've been saying this and it hasn't changed - part of me wants him to stay for another 6 just so i can constantly remind you - but I love this franchise and want to see it succeed - so he's gotta go. ASAP

Dion is the same situation.

Holland has size. He's the only C we have with any at all. He's finding success because he's able to track down pucks and keep possession.

Bozak doesn't battle.

Bolland is 165lb - playing alongside 2 more 165lbers - its never going to work.

e84*

Clarkson as C to tear them one and get in their face? They would laugh at him... you gotta be able to back your mouth up with your own play on the ice.

Whatever you're smoking please pass it this way. :laugh:

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I'm just yelling at my computer. I should just be a Chicago fan, for my health's sake.

remember a few years ago they were crappy too.

we must be patient! (sigh)

but then of course this team will drop pass and then my blood pressure raises 100%

Semantics

PUBLIC ENEMY #1
Jan 3, 2007
San Francisco
Let's be realistic, this team is never going to win the cup with Kessel+Clarkson eating more than $13M in cap space and playing key roles. As fun as Kessel is to watch, it's pretty hard to win the cup without better more well rounded forwards - Kane, Toews, Kopitar, Richards, Krejci, Bergeron, Crosby, Malkin.

That means we aren't going to be serious contenders for at least another 6 years. Depressing, isn't it? Wish we could just push the reset button and start again from scratch or at least from where Burke left off. All we can really hope for now is that we can find a gem or two in the high draft picks we're likely to get the next couple of failed seasons before Nonis gets fired, and that they're actually able to find a great GM to replace him, not just another corporate lackey.

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013
Clarkson as C to tear them one and get in their face? They would laugh at him... you gotta be able to back your mouth up with your own play on the ice.

Whatever you're smoking please pass it this way. :laugh:

Couldn't have said it any better myself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad