GDT: Game #36 | Cats @ Leafs | 7PM LeafsTV II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BayStreetBullies*

1. It is ridiculously obvious. The team has quit on the coach. He insists on playing a system that 75% of the players cannot successfully play. The players just want to be a rush team. They are so dangerous as a rush team (see Chicago game). This dump and chase-stretch pass garbage is ********. Fire Randy NOW.

2. A team that is this inconsistent points to one thing. LACK OF LEADERSHIP. No player should be allowed to get away with taking a game off. That accountability comes from inside that room. I should come from the Captain. None of these guys should be allowed to take a day off. Dion should be right up their *****. Well, guess what. Dion is not a leader. He might lead by example on the ice, but its obvious he has no power in the locker room. Not with efforts like tonight. Give the C to Clarkson. Let him earn his money somehow by tearing some of these guys a new *******.

I think your Rivers Cuomo glasses are wrapped too tightly around your head.

TMLegend

May 27, 2012
Somewhere
I just got in. Can someone update me? Seems the shot clock is about even. So I assume they haven't been terrible tonight?

bunjay

Nov 9, 2008
Been said before, Carlyle will never call out a veteran core player. He feels he needs those guys to control the room and friction between himself and them will only lead to problems for himself

I wasn't suggesting that Phaneuf be benched, rather that Gardiner should not have been.

Need some goals? Bench your best offensive threat from the back end.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
1. It is ridiculously obvious. The team has quit on the coach. He insists on playing a system that 75% of the players cannot successfully play. The players just want to be a rush team. They are so dangerous as a rush team (see Chicago game). This dump and chase-stretch pass garbage is ********. Fire Randy NOW.

2. A team that is this inconsistent points to one thing. LACK OF LEADERSHIP. No player should be allowed to get away with taking a game off. That accountability comes from inside that room. I should come from the Captain. None of these guys should be allowed to take a day off. Dion should be right up their *****. Well, guess what. Dion is not a leader. He might lead by example on the ice, but its obvious he has no power in the locker room. Not with efforts like tonight. Give the C to Clarkson. Let him earn his money somehow by tearing some of these guys a new *******.

this team would be so scary if they could just rush all the time. (isn't Chicago a rush team? Chicago plays past my bed time :laugh:).

but I'm telling you we need old people. Boyle I feel would really help the team both leadership wise and backend wise.

I've been saying for ages too - I am very much surprised there hasn't been a "players meeting" called yet - unless in theory they've had one at someone's house?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad