GDT: Game 3: Sharks vs. Canes and Burns 7:30pm NBCSCA

landshark

They'll paint the donkey teal if you pay.
Sponsor
Mar 15, 2003
outer richmond dist
I miss Burnzie, but I don't miss that contract. I feel like he could have lived up to it a bit more if he was surrounded by a team instead of a bunch of coworkers while he was here in SJ. Or, maybe the coworkers needed to be better at hockey than this current group to fully utilize the wookie's talents? Whatever, hopefully he's thriving in Carolina.

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
Looking forward to watching this one. I hope you all are doing well.

We are taking good care of your boy; I hope he has a great time back home with you all tonight.

Fun is great and all, but who has more teeth? Burnzie will be missed....

Reactions: MinJaBen

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
I miss Burnzie, but I don't miss that contract. I feel like he could have lived up to it a bit more if he was surrounded by a team instead of a bunch of coworkers while he was here in SJ. Or, maybe the coworkers needed to be better at hockey than this current group to fully utilize the wookie's talents? Whatever, hopefully he's thriving in Carolina.
I didn't mind Burns' contract compared to Vlasic or EK.

NewMuzu24

May 28, 2018
Going tonight and looking forward to the absolute mess of hockey with Burns going buckwild not out of spite, but for fun.

SNOG 4-1 Canes
Burns, Burns, Burns, Burns (Jumbo celebration to follow)
Kunin

Reactions: Sandisfan

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Already put this in the callup thread. I know some thought Eklund was coming up for this game, but they actually sent him right back down yesterday:

So its safe to assume that Timo is playing tonight? I thought that they calling up an actual forward in Eklund meant Timo might not play. Do we know if Harrington is heading down? That would probably tell us if Ferraro is playing or not.

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
So its safe to assume that Timo is playing tonight? I thought that they calling up an actual forward in Eklund meant Timo might not play. Do we know if Harrington is heading down? That would probably tell us if Ferraro is playing or not.

Basically they made two transactions yesterday and then sent both players immediately back to where they were before. Harrington is still in the NHL, Eklund is still in the AHL. That does give us 13F/7D on the Sharks.

I guess if Timo or Ferraro can't go, they'd put in Gregor or Harrington.

landshark

Sponsor
Mar 15, 2003
outer richmond dist
I didn't mind Burns' contract compared to Vlasic or EK.
That's fair, if only they wanted to win like Burns... Pretty sure they'd not be lounging around SJ for a rebuild if that were the case.

Already put this in the callup thread. I know some thought Eklund was coming up for this game, but they actually sent him right back down yesterday:

Looking forward to the cuda this year! Glad Eklund isn't wasting away in the pressbox observing.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Heads up that drunksage is going to be unavailable for the next little bit so I'll be covering SNOG tracking in his absence. He didn't give me an eta for his return but he hopes to have laptop access soon. So in the mean time you're stuck with me at the controls.

With that in mind I also have whl tickets for tonight so I won't be home until probably 10:30 or 11 and the results won't be posted until some time after that.

I also havent had time to prep all of the necessary materials so tonight's results post will probably be skeletal until I I have a chance to get everything cobbled together for subsequent games.

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
That's fair, if only they wanted to win like Burns... Pretty sure they'd not be lounging around SJ for a rebuild if that were the case.

Vlasic has severely negative value anyway, so if he wanted to win on some other team, he'd have to void his current contract somehow and sign for league minimum somewhere else (assuming he could find a job - maybe he could compete to win the Calder Cup).

landshark

Sponsor
Mar 15, 2003
outer richmond dist
Vlasic has severely negative value anyway, so if he wanted to win on some other team, he'd have to void his current contract somehow and sign for league minimum somewhere else (assuming he could find a job - maybe he could compete to win the Calder Cup).
Yah, good point, his game has really gone to the dogs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad