GDT: Game 3: Hurricanes @ Islanders, 7pm

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
I perused the Isles board this morning. There was a lot of talk that we are a cult of ignorance. We don't know shit about hockey. Our state is a shithole to live in. Matt Martin should run more players.

I say we respond the best way possible, by being kind. I mean, by being kind in a hugely trollish way. Being overtly kind. Superficially kind. Absurdly kind. Being a real jackass of kindness. Complimenting their players over-the-top. Agreeing with them over-the-top. In any main board thread, I say we should all be ruthlessly kind bastards towards their squad.

And the kicker, I think, is we should be even more complimentary of the Rangers. For instance, say things like "As a Canes fan I know our fanbase really doesn't know shit about hockey. I love reading Isles' fans takes because I know their knowledge of hockey is so strong and so rooted in the tradition of the game. But we can all agree that the only fan more knowledgeable than an Isles fan is a Rangers fan."

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
I perused the Isles board this morning. There was a lot of talk that we are a cult of ignorance. We don't know shit about hockey. Our state is a shithole to live in. Matt Martin should run more players.

I say we respond the best way possible, by being kind. I mean, by being kind in a hugely trollish way. Being overtly kind. Superficially kind. Absurdly kind. Being a real jackass of kindness. Complimenting their players over-the-top. Agreeing with them over-the-top. In any main board thread, I say we should all be ruthlessly kind bastards towards their squad.

And the kicker, I think, is we should be even more complimentary of the Rangers. For instance, say things like "As a Canes fan I know our fanbase really doesn't know shit about hockey. I love reading Isles' fans takes because I know their knowledge of hockey is so strong and so rooted in the tradition of the game. But we can all agree that the only fan more knowledgeable than an Isles fan is a Rangers fan."
every northern fan will have this take until the end of time.

HydratedByStormBrew

Sep 26, 2022
Rally, NC

Oh dear. I cannot imagine living or actually being convinced that NC is a shit hole state and NY is not. Politics aside, there’s a reason why there continues to be a mass migration of the northeastern neck beards into our suburbs and it’s not for the Bojangles.

Neighbor Lee

Sponsor
Oct 25, 2013
Droneview

Relax. You should see what they say about their friends' sisters and mothers

Identity404

I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious
Nov 5, 2005
Washington DC

Raanta wasn't good last game, but you can't complain about his win/loss record this year. I'd rather go to Kochetkov before Andersen TBH. Though he has had lower lows than Andersen he has shown the capability to steal games, unlike Andersen who has basically let in at least one softy every game this season, and hasn't had a single shutout.

hangman005

It's my first day.
Apr 19, 2015
Iceland II the hotter crappier version.
giphy.gif

Lets make it 3 for 3.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
Oh dear. I cannot imagine living or actually being convinced that NC is a shit hole state and NY is not. Politics aside, there’s a reason why there continues to be a mass migration of the northeastern neck beards into our suburbs and it’s not for the Bojangles.

it's not?

I have a plan to get rich and keep folks in the north. I'm going to open a Bojangles and Cracker Barrel in the major cities up there and become the wealthiest man alive!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad