Half-Assed GDT: Game #3: Blues in SinCity - 10pm Eastern

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Schenn may have said something to him after the goal. Can't imagine a scenario where Petro looks good for interrupting a celly on a normal hockey goal.
He did. Schenn and Petro start to skate past each other behind the net and you can see Schenn turn and look at him and start to open his mouth.

The replay then cuts away but I’m betting he chirped him about that turnover.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Unpopular Opinion: When Sunny comes back, send Neighbours back to Juniors.

Reason: He's got a bright future ahead of him, and it's better that he goes and dominates at that level than hit the rookie wall up here.

Fully healthy lines:

Saad-ROR-Perron
Kyrou-Schenn-Buchnevich
Kostin-Thomas-Tarasenko
Sundqvist-Bozak-Barbie

Krug-Parayko
Scandella-Faulk
Walman-Bortuzzo

Binny
Husso

Haters be damned, this team is no less than a playoff contender and sneaking into cup contention.
How is it better for Neighbors to play against a bunch of kids?

No, I think the fact that he's started in 3 straight, and that he's got a role on PK and on the ice in late game situations (like tonight) suggest that he's on this team all year. They're not showing any sign of trying to stretch out his 9 games.

He probably WILL hit a bit of a wall, but the team is deep enough that he can sit and rest at times. If his play drops off, he won't get to play.

I could see Kostin bouncing up and down a bit this season since he's waiver exempt, and he needs to play a lot rather than sitting in the press box if the team is fully healthy. But if he keeps playing like the last 2 games, Clifford is probably made redundant and is the guy at risk of being sent down. I get the feeling Neal will stick around.

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
How is it better for Neighbors to play against a bunch of kids?

No, I think the fact that he's started in 3 straight, and that he's got a role on PK and on the ice in late game situations (like tonight) suggest that he's on this team all year. They're not showing any sign of trying to stretch out his 9 games.

He probably WILL hit a bit of a wall, but the team is deep enough that he can sit and rest at times. If his play drops off, he won't get to play.

I could see Kostin bouncing up and down a bit this season since he's waiver exempt, and he needs to play a lot rather than sitting in the press box if the team is fully healthy. But if he keeps playing like the last 2 games, Clifford is probably made redundant and is the guy at risk of being sent down. I get the feeling Neal will stick around.
Agreed. If Neighbours can keep up and be an asset for us, staying up is better for his development.

Reactions: i aint Dunn yet

parliamentlite

Feb 26, 2019
He did. Schenn and Petro start to skate past each other behind the net and you can see Schenn turn and look at him and start to open his mouth.

The replay then cuts away but I’m betting he chirped him about that turnover.
Petro gonna Petro then. Seems contrived on his part.

Is he gonna show the Blues he doesn't care about what they think by being mad when they chirp him? That's not how it works.

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
And Binnington getting back into form, and Kyrou and Thomas breaking through to another level, and Neighbours looking like The Real Deal...........and Faulk looking great...and....
Scandella with really strong game…and…
Brandon Saad with his first goal as a blue and...
Eo9bTtw.jpg

i aint Dunn yet

Apr 13, 2015
He was successful college coach. Seems like he is at least as good of person to work with kids as junior coach. But Otter seems like good teacher. And Schenn is mentoring him. And ROR could maybe teach him thing or 2.[/QUOTE]
i heard this on the fastlane on the drive home tonight , he is living with schenn and they speculated that if schenn went out for dinner with ror / dp57 etc ..... he can soak it all up instead of being back in juniors..

why am i quoting within a quote ?

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

Joshuar56

Apr 11, 2019
Tank was the story for me tonight. Now that he has that first goal Monkey off his back I’m sure he will get some confidence and we will see the old tank. Or so I hope
If Lehner hasn't been standing on his head Tarasenko might have had a haty. He had some really good shots. I was really impressed by his breakaway.

Reactions: Meatball

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Great game. A fun game to watch. Vegas was up for the game. Playoff intensity, even if the checking was not up to what you'd expect in the post-season.

Great game by Lehner. But better game by Binnington.

Tarasenko was playing inspired. That play where he blew by Shea Theodore to give himself a breakaway opportunity...I can't remember the last time we saw Vlad do something like that. The little cynical voice in my head said that Vlad's agent told him he'd be on national TV and it was important to have a good game to improve his trade value. But I don't really believe that. If Tarasenko is actually a fully operational Death Star on the 3rd line...pretty sweet.

Barbashev with a fantastic game. He really deserved to get the ENG. I don't know that Seattle would have taken him, but I'm pretty satisfied with losing Dunn and keeping Barbashev. I also think that Tarasenko enjoys playing with him. Ivan brought the right ingredient to that line today.

Has anyone noticed that the team speed has gone up a notch or two? This more than anything gives me confidence that they'll be able to sustain good play this season.

JoshFromMO

Apr 6, 2015
Missoura
Great game. A fun game to watch. Vegas was up for the game. Playoff intensity, even if the checking was not up to what you'd expect in the post-season.

Great game by Lehner. But better game by Binnington.

Tarasenko was playing inspired. That play where he blew by Shea Theodore to give himself a breakaway opportunity...I can't remember the last time we saw Vlad do something like that. The little cynical voice in my head said that Vlad's agent told him he'd be on national TV and it was important to have a good game to improve his trade value. But I don't really believe that. If Tarasenko is actually a fully operational Death Star on the 3rd line...pretty sweet.

Barbashev with a fantastic game. He really deserved to get the ENG. I don't know that Seattle would have taken him, but I'm pretty satisfied with losing Dunn and keeping Barbashev. I also think that Tarasenko enjoys playing with him. Ivan brought the right ingredient to that line today.

Has anyone noticed that the team speed has gone up a notch or two? This more than anything gives me confidence that they'll be able to sustain good play this season.
I think the last time he shot out of a cannon past a defender was Heiskanen lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad