GDT: GAME 3 10/17 8 PM - The BRUINS visit Portage and Main | NESN, TSN3, TVAS, 98.5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Cu-D_GIXYAEqFD1.jpg:large

MTS.Centre.original.25819.jpg

Tonight's Officials

Referees - TJ Luxmore (21), Brad Watson (23)
Linesmen - Scott Driscoll (68), Steve Miller (89)

Ntl. Anthem - Stacey Nattrass

https://link.nhl.com/static/gamenotes/public/20162017/[email protected]?1476666963000

WAY BACK MACHINE

Boston Bruins: Media Notes

BOSTON vs WINNIPEG, LIFETIME SERIES

- The Bruins and Jets are meeting for the 58th time in their franchise histories (includes Winnipeg as Atlanta Thrashers) with the Bruins
having a 33-17-2-5 record and 180-164 scoring advantage in those games.
- The Bruins are 14-12-0-3 in their 29 road games of this lifetime series with the Jets holding an 82-80 scoring edge in those contests.
- The Bruins split last season’s series with the Jets with each team winning a 6-2 road decision … They are 5-3-1 in their last 9 games
overall vs. the Jets and they are 1-2-1 in their last 4 visits to Winnipeg.
- Fun Facts: The Bruins are 7-5-1 vs. the Jets since they relocated to Winnipeg in 2011 with a 5-1-0 record in Boston and 2-4-1 mark on
the road.

MILESTONES APPROACHING
- David Pastrnak is expected to play his 100th NHL game tonight.
- Zdeno Chara is 2 assists shy of his 400th NHL assist.
- Jimmy Hayes is 5 points short of his 100th NHL point.
- Brad Marchand is 5 points short of his 300th NHL point.
- Torey Krug is 5 assists shy of his 100th NHL assist.

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
Are we going to blow them out or get blown out like last year? Hopefully the former.

Edit: Also I'm going to have to get used to these stickied threads. I never look up here.

BergyWho37

Only The Strong Will Survive (Never Give Up)
Jun 18, 2012
True North
Let's bring the intensity early coz the first periods have been lacklusters, team that wants to be quicker needs to win puck battles.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Czarnik out, Schaller in.

I like Schaller but don't expect any offense out of the bottom two lines tonight.

That Spooner-Krejci-Heinen line needs to get going but all things considered I'm not getting my hopes up.

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
Hoorrayyyy....i'm stuck watching the sharks and rangers play.

Oh well. Good luck to the guys tonight! Hopefully they can play hard all through three periods.

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
Czarnik out, Schaller in.

I like Schaller but don't expect any offense out of the bottom two lines tonight.

That Spooner-Krejci-Heinen line needs to get going but all things considered I'm not getting my hopes up.

They are essentially two fourth lines, which must please Julien, but won't do anything to help to generate offense. He should have Backes, Krejci and Spooner down the middle while Bergeron is out.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
They are essentially two fourth lines, which must please Julien, but won't do anything to help to generate offense. He should have Backes, Krejci and Spooner down the middle while Bergeron is out.

Considering Krejci and Spooner together got nothing done in two games now (forget points, they aren't even creating decent chances), I agree.

I would of left Czarnik in, moved him to the wing, and tried to balance out the Top 3 lines as much as possible.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Considering Krejci and Spooner together got nothing done in two games now (forget points, they aren't even creating decent chances), I agree.

I would of left Czarnik in, moved him to the wing, and tried to balance out the Top 3 lines as much as possible.

I`m not convinced Czarnik isn`t still a bit gun shy, didn`t look like he was nearly as assertive as he normally is. Seemed very hesitant, over thinking by my eyes for the little that`s worth, no harm having a seat for a game or two

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I`m not convinced Czarnik isn`t still a bit gun shy, didn`t look like he was nearly as assertive as he normally is. Seemed very hesitant, over thinking by my eyes for the little that`s worth, no harm having a seat for a game or two

Good point ODAAT.

Especially if he's going to continue at C, a couple games upstairs to help process what Julien's wants his centermen to do should help his game and hopefully his confidence.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Tonight’s projected Bruins lineup:

FORWARD LINES

Brad Marchand-David Backes-David Pastrnak

Ryan Spooner-David Krejci-Danton Heinen

Matt Beleskey-Riley Nash-Jimmy Hayes

Tim Schaller-Dominic Moore-Noel Acciari

DEFENSE PAIRINGS

Zdeno Chara-Brandon Carlo

Torey Krug-Rob O’Gara

John-Michael Liles-Colin Miller

GOAL

Tuukka Rask

Anton Khudobin

HEALTHY SCRATCHES

Austin Czarnik

Joe Morrow

https://www.facebook.com/BGlobeSports/videos/876434315792140/

toasterjam

Sep 23, 2014
Mass
now the defense has not been perfect...very very far from it...but tonight what I really wanna see is NO soft goals and offensive contributions from people other than Marchand, Backes, Pasta.

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
Now that the bruins mobile app has gone to **** can anyone recommend me a good app that will show me the bruins schedule and scores and get score alerts?

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
Not one person has complained about the start time yet. They must not know it starts at 8. :sarcasm:

We, the Mods, decided as a group to try sticky GDT to help those using smart phones.

It's cool. Most other boards do it I believe. I'm just not used to it yet.

AlpineLager

The way she *** goes
Jul 4, 2007
New Brunswick
Im not a huge fan of the stickied gdt's either

Can someone plz tell me why Beleskey isnt playing with Krejci? Softest effing line in hockey

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I got lost looking for the first one but it has helped as I am on mobile 95% of the time.

Go Bs

All we are trying to do it make the board easier to navigate for people on all platforms. We are currently hampered because the forum software was designed back in 2004 long before smartphones and tablets existed.

In a few months HF will be moving to a new software that is far more mobile friendly. The major Red Sox board made the switch and most users were pleased.

Any feeback you have just PM one of the Mods - we do listen to your feedback.

mark3361

Nov 1, 2008
I'm hoping to see good games from Rask and Krejci. I would also like C. Miller to step up a bit and claim a spot. You have to think Morrow is getting in soon and if C. Miller sits before Carlo and O'Gara it isnt a great sign

Mount Kramer Cameras

Jul 15, 2014
Tonight marks Pastrnak's 100th game as a Bruin. Congrats David.

He currently has the most goals of anyone in his draft class, which includes Larkin, Draisatl, Reinhart, Ekblad, Ehlers, Bennett, Fabbri, and the third most appearances (behind only Ekblad & Draisatl). I think it's fair to say that this pick was one of our finest hours in recent years. I love this kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad