GDT: Game #28 • "Kobayashi Maru" • Wild @ Oilers • Friday Dec 9 2022 • 7:00 PM • SN1/CHED

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Will the Oilers pass the Kobayashi Maru today?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011

Nice to see Hamblin getting some chances. Could he be one of the hidden gems Oilers will found?
And Nuge needs an parade for all heavylifting all the time. Now he has to justify a 2nd line of Järnmark and Yamamotos as comrades..

I love McDaddy, but I have suspected for a while that he is that sort of superstar who needs a loaded line to be that superstar. He is a driver, but he aint a carrier. Load up to ignite McDavid.

McDanglez

Jan 15, 2011
Saskatchatoon
Here are the highlights from the last time we beat Minnesota (Feb 7, 2019). Oilers legend Ty Rattie with the game winning goal.

Good times. I remember driving through a couple separate blizzards from SK to Minneapolis to watch this game!

We were like 0-4-1 at Oiler games until this one lol like the reverse jinx I guess

Reactions: Oilhawks

Ninety7

go oil go
Jun 19, 2010
Canada
Nice to see Hamblin getting some chances. Could he be one of the hidden gems Oilers will found?
And Nuge needs an parade for all heavylifting all the time. Now he has to justify a 2nd line of Järnmark and Yamamotos as comrades..

I love McDaddy, but I have suspected for a while that he is that sort of superstar who needs a loaded line to be that superstar. He is a driver, but he aint a carrier. Load up to ignite McDavid.

Bro he literally turned Alex chiasson and Patrick maroon into goal scorers

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Why not throw Campbell in net in this game.

Would be a big motivational win for him and the team in general if they pull off the win... and a loss would be semi-expected so not as big of a deal.

You want Campbell in vs your tougher teams that seem to have the Oilers number.

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton

This is one of the worst takes I've ever seen on here lol.

I kind of understand where you're coming from to an extent though. McDavid can't turn anyone into a goal scorer, you do have to be capable of reading the play and getting into the right spots. But he certainly does not need a superstar on his line to be the best player in the league.

Yes, he had chemistry with Maroon, who actually was a good player.
Chiason was all Leons work.
Maroon is a good fourth liner, maybe a third liner at that point in his career. You can't say a line with Patrick Maroon and Jordan Eberle on it is loaded.

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
This is one of the worst takes I've ever seen on here lol.

I kind of understand where you're coming from to an extent though. McDavid can't turn anyone into a goal scorer, you do have to be capable of reading the play and getting into the right spots. But he certainly does not need a superstar on his line to be the best player in the league.

Maroon is a good fourth liner, maybe a third liner at that point in his career. You can't say a line with Patrick Maroon and Jordan Eberle on it is loaded.
No, but Maroon was a bit like D Strome was to McDavid in Eire. Maroon was a good player here. He got some actual hands. Otherwise Lucic would had been Maroon as well.
Eberle was a plyer until McDavid came, then he just lost all mojo that had made himna gifted player. Strange turn of career. Sadly.

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
Battle of the malls

"Can't win em mall"

1670625361301.png

1670625403234.png

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
No, but Maroon was a bit like D Strome was to McDavid in Eire. Maroon was a good player here. He got some actual hands. Otherwise Lucic would had been Maroon as well.
Eberle was a plyer until McDavid came, then he just lost all mojo that had made himna gifted player. Strange turn of career. Sadly.
My point is that McDavid was still McDavid even when he was playing Lucic, or Rattie, or Chiasson, etc.

smokersarejokers

Jul 7, 2005

Would be a big motivational win for him and the team in general if they pull off the win... and a loss would be semi-expected so not as big of a deal.

He'll play Mon or Tues.

They can't afford to be like "a semi expected loss so no big deal."

Skinner is the starting goalie right now, Jack is the back-up. It sucks because of their contracts, but we should thank our bloody stars that Skinner looks legit except for a handful of brain farts this year. The numbers speak for themselves at this point.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
They should start Cambell instead.

Maybe an American goaltender will break the curse. Worst case Ontario, a loss was already expected so no biggie.

Reactions: Oilhawks

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
He'll play Mon or Tues.

They can't afford to be like "a semi expected loss so no big deal."

Skinner is the starting goalie right now, Jack is the back-up. It sucks because of their contracts, but we should thank our bloody stars that Skinner looks legit except for a handful of brain farts this year. The numbers speak for themselves at this point.
Amazing developement curve bt skimmer.
esp. In such a bad developement program as Oilers. Campbell is just a dad story, but as with bobrovsky, some goalies may be bad for a year, find a new technique, and come back. But just the thing of paying someone 5 millikns right away, and five years from the bat is stupid. I could see Campbell ends as a trade in 2 years.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Got the free bingo card last game. Team should be well rested, fat with confidence. Tonight is about results with an opponent they need to show they can handle. Should be a good game!

Reactions: RegDunlop

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
Our team needs more Klim if we want to win against Minny

We need Kostin-Holloway-Puljujarvi to become a thing to counter punch their Greenway-Eriksson Ek-Foligno line.

I think oil exercise some demons tonight.

8-5

Kostin-Double Gordie
Mcdavid-2
Broberg-1
Hamblin-1
8-5

8 two games in a row. Wow

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Yes, he had chemistry with Maroon, who actually was a good player.
Chiason was all Leons work.
Ah, no, that is wrong. Both of them played on McDavid's wing. Maroon was/is a career plumber/bottom-six player averaging about 8 goals a year, that McDavid somehow turned into a 20 + goalscorer. Same with Chiasson. Chiasson also played PP and benefited from sweet McDavid feeds.

Have no idea what you mean by McDavid needs others on his line to make him successful. Most players do, but McDavid has shown he can make plays and score goals all by himself more often than not.

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007

Campbell's last game (And loss) was against Minnesota and he basically cost us the game and played poorly.

I'd give him Nashville next week on the back end of a back to back.

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
anyone have big farts? I figure if we hold from now until puck drop after 7pm, we can have a worldwide good luck fart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad