GDT: Game #25 | Detroit Red Wings @ Buffalo Sabres | 5:00 PM EST | FS-D

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

fimoknete

Jun 4, 2006
Roesrath, Germany
i am sure they will win tonight. if we dont win this one whoe aer we gonna beat then?
regardless with or without datsyuk.

they dont have a single player with a positive +/- rating. the team is dead last and in a middle of a loosing streak. vanek is still second in goals even with only 13 games played for buffalo. i like the stats of mike weber. 13 games, -13. lol. he even tops quincey.

so why on earth should we loose vs this team?

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
I don't understand Holland's aversion to employing more toughness and perhaps even a goon? He employs a goon down in Grand Rapids in Tristan Grant. Griffs won the calder cup last year, apparently having a goon in the lineup didn't hurt them.... What about what Darren McCarty provided in his heyday? Dino Cicarelli? Bob Probert? Joe Kocur? Marty Lapointe? The Wings have had tons of previous success with tough, physical players. Almost all successful teams have a good mix of skill players and tough/grinding players. We literally have no toughness. It's not only a horrible team design it's embarrassing to watch. Detroit is a blue collar town, we like to see fights, physical play, teammates sticking up for one another but we get to watch players skating away from confrontation with their tails between their legs.... Props to Smith for at least showing some heart last night. Holland has turned Red Wings hockey into a ballet. No wonder nobody shows up at the Joe anymore...It's just not exciting hockey to watch...downright boring really.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
This game will be EPIC BATTLE between Cleary and Ville Leino.

Which one is the worst player in NHL ?

I'll made a statistical comparison about, giveaways, minuses, missed shots and penalties.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Brick T[U said:
op;74925503]If Datsyuk's out with a possible concussion, we are back to being a one-line [/U]team. Yikes.

Going to need some line other than Z's to step up and produce.

Well, I don't want to set unrealistic expectations given the roster, so I'll even settle for "line that is semi-consistently dangerous in the offensive zone and puts some sort of pressure on Buffalo's D." Don't want to set the bar too high.

Let's just hope that's all it takes against the Sabres today.

SimplySolace

"We like our team"
Jun 30, 2013
Where is the source for the projected lineup?

redwings.nhl.com says:

Cleary - Z - Nyquist
Franzen - Weiss - Alfie
Abby - Helm - Tats
Miller - Andy - Sammy

Source

SimplySolace

"We like our team"
Jun 30, 2013
Also, if Gustavsson wins this game, when does he get looked at to start more?

He would be 5-0-1 - with a current SV% of .923 and has more SA/game then Howard.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
This game will be EPIC BATTLE between Cleary and Ville Leino.

Which one is the worst player in NHL ?

I'll made a statistical comparison about, giveaways, minuses, missed shots and penalties.

Leino is putting up .88 pts/60 min to Clearys .47 pts/60 min.

Not much of a battle.

Leinos massively overpaid, but he's easily better.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
Just like he was benched yesterday, and game before that and...?

benched? he took a penalty ridden period off...lol i mean he's right back on line 1 tonight...they obviously aren't very upset with him.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
benched? he took a penalty ridden period off...lol i mean he's right back on line 1 tonight...they obviously aren't very upset with him.

If he has been a PP and PK guy, why didn't he play?

Looks like they actually were pretty upset on him yesterday.

I don't give a **** for our starting lineups in this situation. Those haven't lasted long in our latest games. Suffling all the time.

theanomaly

you just lost the game
Nov 18, 2010
NJ
i just hope babs comes to his senses quickly and puts cleary on 3rd line. alfie and tats are far more useful in the top6.

Detroit Sports*

Brendan Savage ‏@BrendanSavage 2 min
#RedWings lines: Zetterberg-Franzen-Nyquist; Alfredsson-Abdelkader-Helm;Cleary-Weiss-Samuelsson; Miller-Weiss, Tatar

5mil dollar a year Center on the ****ing 4th line..:laugh::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad