PGT: Game 2 - Europe vs Canada - Canada wins the 2016 World Cup of Hockey

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JIMVINNY

Nov 9, 2007
Calling Toews the best on best "best" player is LOL. Crosby hasn't always shown up in tournaments like these, but he did this time. It wasn't even close. Crosby was far better. Granted, they were only in this game because of Price.

JA

What a heartbreaking loss for Team Europe. They played a beautiful game against Team Canada and were the better team tonight. They panicked with a few minutes remaining and it all fell apart.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
All crosby needs is a zillion dominant minutes against the one super elite line on most non canada international teams and its even

Have you watched this tournament? Sid dominated every ****ing game. His line was the only one getting constant ozone time regularly tonight.

Toews is perhaps my favourite non-Pens player, but you are out to lunch. Toews is an essential part of TC, but he is not better, or more important, than Crosby, Price or Doughty.

General Zodd

May 6, 2013
Toronto
Congrats to Europe for battling hard right to the very end!! Proud to be Canadian tonight! We are the simply the best that god himself has created!!! :D

Now Kneel before General Zod!! :win:

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
I agree with him, there was no hold there.

There wasn't, Perry just sold it by going down as soon as Kopitar got on his back. The Refs were letting everything go unless it was a stick foul [ like Doughty's ]or over the glass. Why start calling ticky tac holding calls now when they let everything go for 56 min?

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
I think that they should have handed out medals or something as well as well, kind of like they do in the World Cup of Football/Soccer to give each player something to remember this by since the odds are that the players won’t see this trophy again.

Like these (they get the trophy as a team + an individual medal):
30e1de1.jpg

scotian1

Dec 19, 2011
Kingston, N.S.
It's definitely not something to call 3 min to the end in one goal, tournament deciding game.

Weak penalty as well on Doughty (with 1:50 left) who was following through with his clearance. The only difference is that instead of crying about the penalty they went out and scored the shorthanded winner.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
I think that they should have handed out medals or something as well as well, kind of like they do in the World Cup of Football/Soccer to give each player something to remember this by since the odds are that the players won’t see this trophy again.

30e1de1.jpg

I always found the trophy and medal combo to be tacky, pick one.

JA

That trophy needs to be redesigned. It looks rather hideous. If it's a World Cup, it also needs a globe on top.

It looks terrible.

world_cup_hockey.jpg

Something more like the Golden Globe Award or the FIFA World Cup would be better.

Golden_Globe_Trophy.jpg

2238772_big-lnd.jpg

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I can't get over how unbelievably stupid and irresponsible that penalty was by Kopitar (and yes, it was a just call). It was unnecessary, it was a one-goal game with 5 minutes left and he's one of his team's best penalty killers and its captain. That basically ruined the game for me and the chance to see another on Saturday. OK, I just needed to vent.

That trophy needs to be redesigned. If it's a World Cup, it needs a globe on top.

Well, since the southern hemisphere wasn't represented, maybe it should be just the top half of a globe.

KPower

Jan 17, 2012
I can't get over how unbelievably stupid and irresponsible that penalty was by Kopitar (and yes, it was a just call). It was unnecessary, it was a one-goal game with 5 minutes left and he's one of his team's best penalty killers and its captain. That basically ruined the game for me and the chance to see another on Saturday. OK, I just needed to vent.

Looked like he lost his balance and fell on Perry. Still a penalty but wasn't intentional.

flaneur

Jul 17, 2013

30e1de1.jpg

As much as Hockey's World Cup trophy leaves a lot to be desired... Football's World Cup trophy is the ugliest of them all.

And you can't even drink from it.

Mehar

Apr 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Congrats to Europe for battling hard right to the very end!! Proud to be Canadian tonight! We are the simply the best that god himself has created!!! :D

Now Kneel before General Zod!! :win:

I was at the game tonight, and it was a beautiful feeling. We are definitely the best now. Even the Canada haters in this forum cannot deny the fact. I was at the game, and had a bunch of Slovakian fans in my section. When the anthem was playing, even they were standing and applauding our anthem. The best anthem in the world, belongs to the best hockey country in the world.

Loved meeting the various Czech, Sweden, Russian, Finnish and Americans fans in the Fan Village and at the games. Talking to some of them- They loved their time in Toronto, and they did not realize how big and multicultural this city actually is. It was great hockey played these past two weeks. Hopefully Toronto hosts it again in 2020. Loved the atmosphere and the people.

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009

Well, since the southern hemisphere wasn't represented, maybe it should be just half of a globe.

you forgot the :sarcasm: guy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad