GDT: Game 10 | Columbus @ New Jersey | 2 PM EST

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Devils have been rolling teams possession wise this year, truly ridiculous numbers.

Will be nice to see the boys play a defend and counterattack style. We probably won't have the puck much.

Reactions: CBJx614

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Be interested to know if Elvis or Tarasov is starting? Maybe in reading into post game too much , but different messages coming from Elvis and Brad last game . Who knows .. maybe this team needs a fiery leader , but Elvis calling out the team giving up multiple breakaways on the power play was certainly an emotional response .

Michael Smitley

Casual Fan
Aug 25, 2012
Sylvania, OH
Be interested to know if Elvis or Tarasov is starting? Maybe in reading into post game too much , but different messages coming from Elvis and Brad last game . Who knows .. maybe this team needs a fiery leader , but Elvis calling out the team giving up multiple breakaways on the power play was certainly an emotional response .
I thought I saw that Korpi was recalled from Cleveland today. I didn't see if that meant Tarasov was sent down.

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
Topline aside.
All games against Devils in the next few years should be very interesting, both up and coming teams competing in metro and (close to) entering the final stages of their respective rebuilds. I think of them as a good measure stick for our progress, seeing how we play against them may tell us a lot about where we are as a team.

Reactions: LJ7

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
All games against Devils in the next few years should be very interesting, both up and coming teams competing in metro and (close to) entering the final stages of their respective rebuilds. I think of them as a good measure stick for our progress, seeing how we play against them may tell us a lot about where we are as a team.

I think I already know the answer for that this year. These two teams don't feel close currently.

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
I think I already know the answer for that this year. These two teams don't feel close currently.
Sure, they might expose many of the team's glaring weaknesses this year. On an individual level though it's cool to compare players like KJ and Sillinger to Hischier and Hughes even if the talent gap between them is massive at the moment.

LJ7

Mar 19, 2021
Ohio
Well at least it is on the road.

And I say this because I expect the team to get run over in this game and because our fans are brutal.
No kidding. At the Bruins game this 40ish year old grown man a row behind me sounded like he was on the verge of tears every time Laine got on the ice. Spent his evening embarrassing his girl by whining all night. I didn't even think Laine played that badly either. Ahead of me this guy my age vented his frustration through ironic cheering. Not one bit of vulnerable sincerity out of him. Had me thinking about cultural changes from generation to generation during TV timeouts.

Even past that one guy the building did feel exasperated. I think a lot of fans had their hopes really high for this season and expected a linear jump from last year. If the expectations weren't there fans likely would be more chill but yes they have been brutal so far. I don't like it.

Last edited:
Reactions: tunnelvision

LJ7

Mar 19, 2021
Ohio

Dylan Tyrer really pulls off interviews with our prospects well, the ones that especially impress me are ones with players who aren't extremely comfortable with their English yet. He asks them linguistically digestible questions while not talking really slowly or in a patronizing tone. The questions stay basic but they're interesting too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad