BRUINS GDT Game 10 - 7:40 PM - Bruins vs. Maple Waffles - ESPN+, HULU, SNO, 98.5 WBZ-FM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Those receiving an error message when logging in, open the ESPN app then toggle to ESPN+ and login with your HULU credentials to bypass the error you get when going through Hulu.
1698950637050.png

1698950973148.png

1698950759338.png

1698950794694.png

1698951728983.png

Play-by-Play: Steve Levy
Analyst: Ray Ferraro
Reporter: Emily Kaplan

Tonight's Officials

1698951061658.png
1698951039956.png

Referees Wes McCauley (4), Francois StLaurent (8)
Linespersons Mark Shewchyk (92), Steve Barton (59)

GAME 10 PRESS NOTES

TONIGHT’S GAME -The Bruins host the Maple Leafs tonight in the first of four games between these teams this season and the first of two visits to TD Garden this year ... The Bruins are 8-0-1 overall this season and they are 4-0-1 on home ice ... They are 2-0-0 in games vs. Eastern Conference teams this season. -The Bruins conclude their current four-game home stand tonight vs. Toronto (2-0-1) ... They will then travel to Detroit on 11/4 and Dallas on 11/6.

MILESTONES APPROACHING - Kevin Shattenkirk is expected to play his games 900th NHL game tonight. - Kevin Shattenkirk is 3 goals short of his 100th NHL goal. - James van Riemsdyk is 4 points shy of his 600th NHL assist. - Charlie Coyle is 4 points shy of his 400th NHL point. - Charlie McAvoy is 5 assists short of his 200th NHL assist. - Brad Marchand is 6 assists short of his 500th NHL assist. - Charlie Coyle is 6 games short of his 800th NHL game. - James van Riemsdyk is 7 assists shy of his 300th NHL assist. - Derek Forbort is 7 points short of his 100th NHL point. - Pavel Zacha is 7 goals shy of his 100th NHL goal. - Jake DeBrusk is 7 games short of his 400th NHL game. - Jeremy Swayman is 8 games short of his 100th NHL game. - Matt Grzelcyk is 9 games shy of his 400th NHL game.

INJURIES / SUSPENSION (9 man-games lost) - Milan Lucic: Lower body IR - Jakub Lauko: Upper body IR - Matt Grzelcyk: Upper body IR - Charlie McAvoy: NHL-levied suspension (Gm 1 of 4)

BOSTON vs TORONTO, LIFETIME SERIES - The Bruins and Maple Leafs are meeting for the 685th time in their histories with the Bruins having a 304-269-98-13 record and a 2,024-2,034 margin in those games. - The Bruins are 189-100-47-5 lifetime vs. Toronto at home with a 1,119-906 advantage in those 341 contests
Going two days without a game for the first time in two weeks didn't make it a less busy stretch for the Boston Bruins.

Various reasons will have Boston's lineup taking on a different look when the rival Toronto Maple Leafs pay a visit on Thursday night.

Charlie McAvoy's four-game suspension for an illegal hit to the head and Matt Grzelcyk's upper-body injury -- both stemming from Monday's win over Florida -- leave the Bruins without two top defensemen.

On Wednesday, Grzelcyk was placed on long-term injured reserve, forward Jakub Lauko (upper body) was added to injured reserve, while defensemen Mason Lohrei, Ian Mitchell and Parker Wotherspoon were all recalled from Providence of the American Hockey League.

Lohrei, 22, is expected to make his NHL debut on Thursday.

"I think you're gonna see (Lohrei) out there a lot," Bruins coach Jim Montgomery said. "We think he's ready for this league and we think that he's gonna play well in this league."

Boston's two-day break from game action also featured an official word on center Matt Poitras' status. The 19-year-old will remain with the team beyond his ninth NHL game, beginning his three-year, entry-level deal rather than returning to juniors.

Poitras has followed up a strong preseason with three goals and two assists across nine regular-season games.

"He's sticking around," Montgomery said. "He's earned it. I think we're comfortable with him. No guarantees here the rest of the year, but we feel the way he's progressed that for the time being he's going to be a Bruin. And he's helping us win hockey games."

Despite major roster turnover, the Bruins have still managed to log 17 out of a possible 18 points in the standings. Pavel Zacha's overtime goal Monday was the difference in a comeback win that can build even more confidence in the room.

"There was something (about that) game that meant a little bit more than usual, but you just want to beat teams like this, especially after playoffs, and we're happy we won," Zacha said.

Boston continues a four-game Atlantic Division run against Toronto, which heads right back to the road following Tuesday's 4-1 loss to Los Angeles in its first game following a 3-1-1 road trip.

The Maple Leafs already have posted pair of multi-goal comeback wins this season, but a 3-0 deficit after two periods and Joseph Woll's season-high four goals allowed were too much to overcome in their last outing.

Being in a difficult part of the schedule can't be used as an excuse, according to Leafs coach Sheldon Keefe.

"That can be part of it, but it's the NHL, every team's going to go through stuff like this," Keefe said. "You've got to push through it and find a way. So there's no excuses (about Tuesday's sluggish performance). You got to find a way. There's things that we could have done better."

Captain John Tavares, who scored Toronto's lone goal on a third-period power play, knows that the game can serve as a lesson if the team wants to reach its postseason aspirations.

"I think we have to recognize and understand how you have to fight through that and find ways to execute and do what we need to do to grab momentum, play to our game and dictate the terms," Tavares said. "Especially the team we are striving to be, situations like these we have to be better."

Assisting on Tavares' goal was William Nylander, who has set a Maple Leafs record with points in each of his first nine games.

Woll, a Boston College product, has won 11 of his first 15 career starts with Toronto.

The Leafs will be without defenseman Jake McCabe (groin) in Boston.

Attachments

• 1698950693164.png
    1698950693164.png
    43 KB · Views: 4
Last edited by a moderator:

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Big test for the boys with a depleted back end.

Im just looking for a strong 60 mins. Leafs havent been all that and a bag of chips recently either so who knows what will happen.

LFG B's!

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Well should be an interesting game.

I really hope for no injuries and a win would be sweet.

Hey Steve, we could use some help from above for this one. I hope the Bruins win tonight.

HERE WE GO BRUINS...HERE WE GO:clap::clap:

1698953091130.png

Probably a good idea to try and stay out of the penalty box in this one.
and try to not get injured

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
3.22 goals for per game for both teams, granted a rather easy schedule for us so far...not bad for losing a bunch of good players this offseason. Hope we surprise them here and take the win

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Probably a good idea to try and stay out of the penalty box in this one.
Very much so. I hope Carlo got plenty of sleep last night. Pumped to see Lohrei. McCauley isn't whistle happy, so I suppose that could work in the B's favor to a small degree.

Glanced at the Leafs GDT. Someone said the Bs are frauds and listed the Bs schedule up to this point. Another Leaf poster replied, "Every single one of these teams we've played we lost to lol." Got a good chuckle out of that one.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Excited to see Lohrei get in there. Gonna be a tough test with the guys we have out, but I'm confident we will weather the storm. I have a feeling Jake scores tonight. Just play hard. Be physical. Play fast. And get the job done. And please, NO. INJURIES.

You already know the drill!
giphy.gif

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Alexandria, KY
Very much so. I hope Carlo got plenty of sleep last night. Pumped to see Lohrei. McCauley isn't whistle happy, so I suppose that could work in the B's favor to a small degree.

Glanced at the Leafs GDT. Someone said the Bs are frauds and listed the Bs schedule up to this point. Another Leaf poster replied, "Every single one of these teams we've played we lost to lol." Got a good chuckle out of that one.
I saw that lol post #56.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Wotherspoon is a very physical d-man. Probably the best one they had in Prov. I liked what we saw of him in training camp. Excited to see how him and Lohrei do tonight.

Reactions: BMC

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic

I saw that too and laughed.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011

Death, taxes, and Leafs fans looking foolish when they try to talk hockey.

Reactions: Alicat
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad