Game 1 ECQF: Toronto Maple Leafs (3) at Boston Bruins (2) 7 PM ET | NBCSN, CBC, TVAS, NESN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Yeah, this format has to go.

Winnipeg and Nashville will meet in the second round whereas teams from the Pacific division with fewer points play each other. What is the advantage of winning the President's Trophy if you don't get the weakest team every round?

Penguins get to play a team with no goalie and the Bruins and Leafs have to duke it out...and their prize for winning this series? They likely face Tampa. Penguins? They could potentially face another team that is easier than the match up that Toronto or Boston would have in the second round despite the fact that these teams had 5 and 12 more points than the Penguins.
The more and more series that get decided by this playoff format the more and more it pisses me off.

I hated it when it first came out and my hatred for it has grown exponentially ever since.

SnizzNasty88

Mar 31, 2013
Toronto
Considering Dermott isn't on the Bruins, the only thing those fans care about is Carlo>>Gryz/Holden

Getting tired talking about all these dud dmen now, this coming from a fan of a team with years of different duds on the blueline, if we're gonna talk defensemen in this series at least mix in a little Krug, Rielly, McAvoy or Dermott..

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
I never understood how fans can just change favourite teams. Who is your favourite team this year, Winter Soldier?

Reactions: HoBOonFiRE

La Masse

May 5, 2016
Gatineau,Quebec
How long before Bruins fans start blaming the refs for favouring Toronto like every other opposing fan base does?

This is a myth and it needs to stop I mean the Leafs are at the bottom of the league for penalties drawn yet are one of the better teams in the league. Plus they have had a couple goals called back on questionnable calls lol

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017
this is gonna be the best series of the 1st round..

by the way, are the Nash brothers playing today?

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
For people that know hockey and follow teams closely, Riley Nash has been huge the Bruins this year. But seeing some people comment on Nash scoring in boxscore threads, I kinda chuckled, did you know there are 2 Nash's on the Bruins? More proof just how Underrated a Player Riley Nash is.

I don't disagree that Riley Nash has played well or isn't important, they have drafted some nice young grit plays to fill out the roster, and they are tough to play against. However, this team goes as far as the top line takes them, they have depth in the lower part of the lineup, but not the kind of offensive depth (when I say depth I don't mean scoring by committee, but single player dominance) that will strike fear into anybody. So you shut down the top line, and you beat this team.

Of course that doesn't mean it's easy or even possible all the time, they are amazing. Also, as a team game, they play as well as anybody.

But I am not going to fear the Riley Nashs, Wingles, Heinens, DeBrusks, of the world.

I look to shut that top line down, and slow down Krejci in case he gets in going.

Last edited:

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
I actually love the Leafs as a team. Matthews is one of my favorite players in the league and I've always liked JVR. But man, their fans are tough to like. Using this thread as an example.

You know every fan base has them, and to be honest many B's fans on here are twice as cocky. Just because other fan bases don't fall in line and say what you want to hear, doesn't mean all our fans are cocky or arrogant.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Ya, I googled it ...

"Urban Dictionary
TOP DEFINITION
bwo
A kid's attempt at saying "bro" with a speech impediment. Instead of "bro" it sounds like he is saying "bwo."

lmaoooooo

If you had to google it I'd say you are a disgrace to your HFBuds senior council and you should spend more time there learning something.

kids........................

Reactions: Ladyfan

egd27

exspecta usque ad proximum annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
Having already won the Cup in 2011, knowing Bergy wouldn't have played game 7 with his ponctured lung and the fact that the Bruins eliminated the Leafs in the ultimate comeback/choke fashion made it much easier to stomach that SCF game 6 loss.

In 7 games or less, we'll see if the Leafs are able to win their first playoffs series since 03-04 or if again, they won't...

I see you Bruins fans seem to forget your 3-0 series choke job against the Flyers a few years ago. Interesting how that works.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact: finally here!!!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
But see the thing is, they don't. Man you Bruins fans are a cocky bunch where you say the only way the Buds will beat the Bruins is if the Bruins "lay an egg", sure man, cause 7 pts in the standings really separates the "good Boston team" and the "Leafs team who made us lay an egg and that's only how they beat us, not cause they're actually good". I really can't wait to see what happens here pal..

Compared to some very outlandish stuff I have seen from some of yours, Bruins fans are incredibly tame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad