MAF

130pvd.jpg

Lets go Wild

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
I am perfectly fine with them running Gus as a tandem to end the season, it will be Gus in the playoffs, and I would rather they save him up for that. He has never had a starter workload before, might as well do load management when there isn’t a ton of threat of dropping out of the playoffs. If we do drop down to the wild cards it might actually work in our favor to play the pacific bracket.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I am perfectly fine with them running Gus as a tandem to end the season, it will be Gus in the playoffs, and I would rather they save him up for that. He has never had a starter workload before, might as well do load management when there isn’t a ton of threat of dropping out of the playoffs. If we do drop down to the wild cards it might actually work in our favor to play the pacific bracket.
Drop to the Wild card? Pffft, we are winning the West. Book it.

Our schedule has to be one of the easiest to end the year. 12 games against non-playoff teams. The only game versus a playoff team I have marked as a for sure loss is against Boston.

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
Drop to the Wild card? Pffft, we are winning the West. Book it.

Our schedule has to be one of the easiest to end the year. 12 games against non-playoff teams. The only game versus a playoff team I have marked as a for sure loss is against Boston.
so confident, and yet we struggle to score 5v5. If I were Vegas I’d give those odds like -500, or you +500

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
so confident, and yet we struggle to score 5v5. If I were Vegas I’d give those odds like -500, or you +500
7-1-2 in our last 10. Our only loss is by one goal to Colorado in which we shelled them but couldn’t score and Fleury gave up three goals on the first nine shots. We win that game with Gus in net.

I think it will also help for Boldy to not have Foligno as his opposite winger. Love Foligno, but he’s not a second line guy. Everyone is bumped down a peg.

Reactions: Soldier13Fox

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
7-1-2 in our last 10. Our only loss is by one goal to Colorado in which we shelled them but couldn’t score and Fleury gave up three goals on the first nine shots. We win that game with Gus in net.

I think it will also help for Boldy to not have Foligno as his opposite winger. Love Foligno, but he’s not a second line guy. Everyone is bumped down a peg.
3 of those 7 being shootout wins isn't super encouraging. They do need for someone other than Kaprizov to start scoring at even strength.

On the flip side, having goaltending working in our favor going into the playoffs is a fun change of pace. I have more confidence that someone (or someones) will start scoring than I did about Fleury or Talbot carrying them through a playoff round.

kfan22

Jun 20, 2012
There is a threat of dropping out of the playoffs, its slim but there is a chance, If Wild lose tonight and some how loss 2 straight to Calgary then its back on. Gus is 24 and has played a whopping 28 games this year. Workload shouldnt be an issue at this point. as inconsistent as the Wild have been, they have a shot at Division ( I think Colorado wins it) and also Home ice in first round. Play the goalie who is top 2 in GAA and Sv %

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN

Foligno has a weird three year period where he has two years with scoring percentages in the mid 20’s, followed by this year where he has a lowest % ever, at 6.7. Injury probably has something to do with it. Hopefully getting some more depth will allow him time to heal. He is a useful player when at his best.
Even at his best, I’d agree that he is not the best match for Boldy, especially now that Boldyhas bulked up and doesn’t need big brother riding shotgun.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
I’d bet money if we make the playoffs it’s fluerys net to lose although with a little shorter leash than he got last year.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I'll believe it when I see it.

They'll be in a tandem for the next 3 weeks, at least. My guess is until the end of the season. Then the vet gets the nod in the Playoffs because GM/coach reasons.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Yeah, why start arguably the second best goaltender in the league when you’ve got Fleury and no game tomorrow. That’s fantastic stuff.

We've got Cgy, Cgy, WPG(B2B) coming up. Probably starting the Gus Bus in all three of those. Makes sense to give Fleury this one.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
It's what they did it to Kahk with Talbot.

The only time Kahk and Talbot were our playoff goalies, Kahk rocked a .902 and Talbot rocked a .913.

They started the more experienced goalie, that had the better numbers. Talbot than was also .923 in the playoffs.

Reactions: Soldier13Fox
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->