GDT: G51: VGK @ MIN - 7 PM Central

Status
Not open for further replies.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Games without Brodin are always so much more stressful, hopefully Merrill, Addison and Dumba can find their brains tonight, they certainly weren’t working last night.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Games without Brodin are always so much more stressful, hopefully Merrill, Addison and Dumba can find their brains tonight, they certainly weren’t working last night.

Gonna take more than those three being good. I can count on one hand the players that met expectations last night.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
This team isn't going to lose. St. Louis, Chicago and Arizona are worse. They'll squeak in either at a wild card team or close to it.
They are definitely going to lose a lot in the next 7 games. Our 1C, 2C, 2RW, 3LW, 3RW, 1RD, 2LD, 3LD, and 4RD are all passengers/underperforming players.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
They are definitely going to lose a lot in the next 7 games. Our 1C, 2C, 2RW, 3LW, 3RW, 1RD, 2LD, 3LD, and 4RD are all passengers/underperforming players.

Key word there is underperforming. They'll probably lose one or two more games, have a locker room meeting and rattle off a couple of wins and still be competing.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
He was referring to individual players, and I my expectations are beyond low for most of our forwards.

I just mean, taking Gaudreau as an example, I don't expect him to be a real second line center, but I expect roughly the same level of play he's given for the last couple years. But last night was maybe his worst game in a Wild jersey (in my eyes).

In an ideal world, Steel is a 12th/13th forward, Gaudreau is a 4C, Reaves is a 14th forward, Hartman is a bottom six guy. Those are my kind of expectations. A lot of players were even below that.

Roman Maroni

Prepared to be underwhelmed
Sponsor
Dec 7, 2019
What? A wild card/borderline wild card team that'll fight to the end? Minnesota isn't going to tank and they aren't going to get a high draft pick just because of a dip.
Hey now, it’s not nice to call people names. I know spelling our Gm’s name is a few more letters, but using dip instead isn’t nice. Next time just use GM……:)

Maybe next time I should keep my attempts at humor to myself. Couldn’t help but giggle when I read it to myself that way…..in reality I don’t mind Guerin either way.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: TaLoN

StateofCelly

Jan 5, 2017
This team isn't going to lose. St. Louis, Chicago and Arizona are worse. They'll squeak in either at a wild card team or close to it.
Wild only have 4 games remaining against those 4 teams, one of which we just got beaten by. Whereas the team that it will most likely come down to fighting for the last Wild Card spot with is Calgary or LA. We play Calgary twice before year end and they have a much more favorable schedule.. Especially if you look at end of March- April. For instance look at this comparison with the Flames.

Minnesota's last 7 games are @ Vegas, vs Vegas, @ Pit, vs STL, @ Chicago, vs Winnipeg, @ Nash. Can argue 2-3 wins there.

Calgary's last 7 games are @ Vancouver, vs Anaheim, vs Chicago, @ Winnipeg, @ Vancouver, vs Nashville, vs San Jose.

So when it will matter the most, Calgary's schedule gets a heck of a lot lighter.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
So they are still worried about our duo...

Wonder if they try Boldy with Kap and Zucc with…. Idk, Hartman/Foligno? Team is not exactly loaded with guys to feed the puck to. Lot of pass first players. Walker could look pretty good next to Zucc if they ever bring him back up.

Key word there is underperforming. They'll probably lose one or two more games, have a locker room meeting and rattle off a couple of wins and still be competing.
They just had the closed door locker room meeting last night.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Wonder if they try Boldy with Kap and Zucc with…. Idk, Hartman/Foligno? Team is not exactly loaded with guys to feed the puck to. Lot of pass first players. Walker could look pretty good next to Zucc if they ever bring him back up.
I doubt they'll split up the two PPG guys on this team.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I doubt they'll split up the two PPG guys on this team.
The rest of the team certainly doesn’t give them a lot for options. Zucc-Boldy could be an interesting duo. Kaprizov is just the last guy we should be putting on an island.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Listen to Russo's podcast released today, an hour with Guerin.

GM knows Boldy needs help, he knows the top line needs a better center. But it sounds like he doesn't want to do anything. Rossi, as I heard it, is not an option. He thinks putting the kid on the top line will put too much pressure on him, and this could ruin him.

Sounds like the TDL will be boring, Guerin wants to keep the players he has, he will not give up top picks or prospects for a rental.

Parax

Aug 26, 2018
I see 8 close to guaranteed victories for the rest of the season. The rest are tossups/losses
If they really do that bad in this stretch of 7 home games, which they absolutely are capable of, Guerin should be selling immediately to minimize the points they pick up against teams like Columbus, Vancouver, and Arizona. If you can't prove you can win games against good teams at home don't try to beat up the little guys to make yourself feel good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad