GDT: G44: MIN @ CAR - 6 PM Central

Status
Not open for further replies.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
Man would I like to see Walker back up. This team is so f***ing boring and slow. He really injected some excitement in his little time here.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Man would I like to see Walker back up. This team is so f***ing boring and slow. He really injected some excitement in his little time here.

I'd assume when Greenway is traded he'll be up again, unless Guerin does a player for player trade. But if the plan is for Duhaime to take Greenway's spot, maybe not.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I'd assume when Greenway is traded he'll be up again, unless Guerin does a player for player trade. But if the plan is for Duhaime to take Greenway's spot, maybe not.

Even if Greenway is traded for nothing Shaw takes a lineup spot ahead of Walker.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Very interesting. Actually hockey decision or trade pending?

The only reason I'm leaning towards a trade instead of poor play is because Dean never scratches his top guys even when they probably deserve it.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
The only reason I'm leaning towards a trade instead of poor play is because Dean never scratches his top guys even when they probably deserve it.

Russo says it's play related.

He has not been good.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
There’s gotta be a trade discussion going on that Guerin hasn’t made Russo privy too. Makes no sense for Dumba to be scratched. Only reason I could see would be the team wanting to see how they perform without Dumba, but even that’s a stretch.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I think Boldy has been a little snake bit. Plus, his linemates.

Last 10 games:
Boldy has 3p, -4 (1g in the last month)
Freddy G is 7p and +7
Hartman is 7p, +/- 0
5v5 on-ice scoring: Boldy 2gf, Freddy G 7gf, Hartman 6gf.

I agree he's ben snakebit shooting. His game is off right now. Sit him and give Shaw a game.

Reactions: fgobuzz

Wabit

May 23, 2016
There’s gotta be a trade discussion going on that Guerin hasn’t made Russo privy too. Makes no sense for Dumba to be scratched. Only reason I could see would be the team wanting to see how they perform without Dumba, but even that’s a stretch.

Dumba hasn't been great the last few games. Maybe there is something and maybe there isn't as far as a trade. The sitting due to an eminent trade is usually a closer to game time decision not several hours ahead of time.

The trade rumors and Boldy's new deal making him realize he's not coming back next year could have gotten into his head. Sitting him a game to get refocused could be all this really is.

MAF got a personal day to get his stuff in order. Greenway got a "sick" day. This could be a mental health day for Dumba along those same lines.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Last 10 games:
Boldy has 3p, -4 (1g in the last month)
Freddy G is 7p and +7
Hartman is 7p, +/- 0
5v5 on-ice scoring: Boldy 2gf, Freddy G 7gf, Hartman 6gf.

I agree he's ben snakebit shooting. His game is off right now. Sit him and give Shaw a game.
Maybe goes along with the snakebit stuff, but those last 10 games 5v5, Boldy has 23 shots, Hartman 18 and Gaudreau 16.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
This is why #24 sits, plus a terrible turnover that led to a breakaway..

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
Dumba hasn't been great the last few games. Maybe there is something and maybe there isn't as far as a trade. The sitting due to an eminent trade is usually a closer to game time decision not several hours ahead of time.

The trade rumors and Boldy's new deal making him realize he's not coming back next year could have gotten into his head. Sitting him a game to get refocused could be all this really is.

MAF got a personal day to get his stuff in order. Greenway got a "sick" day. This could be a mental health day for Dumba along those same lines.
I could see that and hopefully that is the case. I feel like a healthy scratch just gives a bad look to any teams that may be interested in acquiring him. Suppose that wouldn’t matter if this allows him to reset and come back strong.

I still think it makes the most sense for him to stay til the end of the season. No chance he’s getting a significant enough of return to sacrifice the RD depth for the playoffs.

This is why #24 sits, plus a terrible turnover that led to a breakaway..

I’m of the mindset that scratching a player for poor performance does absolutely nothing to remedy the situation. Dumba is better than Goli and Merrill.

Reactions: MuckOG

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I could see that and hopefully that is the case. I feel like a healthy scratch just gives a bad look to any teams that may be interested in acquiring him. Suppose that wouldn’t matter if this allows him to reset and come back strong.

I still think it makes the most sense for him to stay til the end of the season. No chance he’s getting a significant enough of return to sacrifice the RD depth for the playoffs.

I’m of the mindset that scratching a player for poor performance does absolutely nothing to remedy the situation. Dumba is better than Goli and Merrill.
You're forgetting that it also sends a message to the rest of the team. If players aren't held accountable, then it's bad for morale and discipline. Also, Goli is way overdue for some TOI. wasn't he pretty good last time he played?

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
For a guy who you might be trying to sell shortly, it seems strange that you would healthy scratch him.

Probably indicative of the market for him... There was no trade coming, so do your best to get him right for the playoffs.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
For a guy who you might be trying to sell shortly, it seems strange that you would healthy scratch him.

My bet is that the Wild will let Matt Dumba walk as a UFA rather than trade him....and I have no issue with that. Would rather keep him to bolster blueline depth for the playoffs than trade him for a 2nd or 3rd round pick.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Probably just a token 'hey, you haven't played in a while and scored the OT winner that last time we played Carolina so here you go' type of thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad