GDT: G4: VAN @ MIN - 7 PM Central

Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
So, if our logos get in a fight, ours wins on land, theirs wins in water. We are playing on frozen water, so...:huh:

Wasted Talent

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2011
Interesting how BB is already on the hot seat. Even more interesting is how they have Yeo as a potential interim coach candidate if he ever gets fired.

Reactions: DeagleJenkins

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Is it frozen water over land or water?
Does it matter?

I am going with our monster winning tonight. As much as I have been disturbed by the lousy goaltending, and brainless defensive play(is it possible that Evason is a bad defensive coach?), I think we have a good team. As much as i am not a big fan of Greenway, at least he knocks a player out of the lineup, though IMO, Dewar is not the one who deserves to sit. I'd rather he plays, and Jost/Steel sits.

Interesting how BB is already on the hot seat. Even more interesting is how they have Yeo as a potential interim coach candidate if he ever gets fired.
He's in the same situation there as he was here. The GM who hired him was fired.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Does it matter?

I am going with our monster winning tonight. As much as I have been disturbed by the lousy goaltending, and brainless defensive play(is it possible that Evason is a bad defensive coach?), I think we have a good team. As much as i am not a big fan of Greenway, at least he knocks a player out of the lineup, though IMO, Dewar is not the one who deserves to sit. I'd rather he plays, and Jost/Steel sits.
You said Vancouver wins in water, Wild wins on land, then asked about playing on frozen water, so I figured it matters if it's a frozen puddle on land vs the frozen surface of a larger body of water. :dunno:

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Let's hope Rossi stays out of the penalty box, don't give Evason a reason to bench you again.

I didn't notice it, but LaPanta said in the podcast that Rossi got scratched in game 3 because he was not good at all, slow and made mistakes. Russo didn't agree, so we'll see who's right.

Reactions: Sad People

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Let's hope Rossi stays out of the penalty box, don't give Evason a reason to bench you again.

I didn't notice it, but LaPanta said in the podcast that Rossi got scratched in game 3 because he was not good at all, slow and made mistakes. Russo didn't agree, so we'll see who's right.
I don't really think Rossi was good in those games, but Lapanta's got a habit of applying standards based on whatever the GM/coaches' most recent decision was.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

1 penalty in 2 games and it was a weak ass call.

You don't need to be threatened by every skilled forward that comes around. A lot of us still really like Zucc.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013

I’m with Russo on this. Ridiculous to single out a rookie when the entire team is playing pond hockey. I’m not sure even 97 could turn Duhaime into a productive player and Dewar hasn’t been impressive this far either. That line was a bad idea from the start.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN

If people are expecting a rookie C to have it figured all out with less than 1/2 hr of NHL TOI then they are out of their minds. Guy Lafleur didn't look that good in his first couple of months, FFS.

Rossi is a cerebral player. He needs time to figure out his team and line needs, as well as his opponents, as well as adjusting to a higher pace of play and strength of play.

IT takes time. Giving him one game to "prove himself" is inane.

Reactions: Blue Ox

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
If people are expecting a rookie C to have it figured all out with less than 1/2 hr of NHL TOI then they are out of their minds. Guy Lafleur didn't look that good in his first couple of months, FFS.

Rossi is a cerebral player. He needs time to figure out his team and line needs, as well as his opponents, as well as adjusting to a higher pace of play and strength of play.

IT takes time. Giving him one game to "prove himself" is inane.
Agree...but I think LaPanta's point is that Rossi has to earn his minutes before he puts players like Jost or Steel on the 4th line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad