Status
Not open for further replies.

Wabit

May 23, 2016

back-to-school-meme-cat-funny-early-morning.jpeg

Lets go Wild

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
This is the type of game that could really solidify the tank. My wife doesn’t understand how I could cheer for the other team , I explain it to her and she still doesn’t get it lol

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
This is the type of game that could really solidify the tank. My wife doesn’t understand how I could cheer for the other team , I explain it to her and she still doesn’t get it lol
I don't get it either, and I know your reasons.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Same. I won't cheer for the other team, but won't be disappointed or upset if we lose.
Que Sera Sera.
When the team is terrible and clearly won't make the playoffs...it's just easier to accept losses, because that's just the reality anyway, but wins are ALWAYS fun!

Bdub

Mar 27, 2021
Kap threw a major league party last night, random UA's this afternoon.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
When the team is terrible and clearly won't make the playoffs...it's just easier to accept losses, because that's just the reality anyway, but wins are ALWAYS fun!
Oh, I agree. Wins are always more fun.

Reactions: TaLoN

Wabit

May 23, 2016

I'm not sure how to phrase my question for this without it sounding harsh (tone is hard to read). I'm genuinely curious, not attacking.

Is it fun for you to do this?
Do you get enjoyment from doing this?
Is doing this time well spent or time wasted?

me-being-curious.jpg

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Genuine answers, not attacking:

Is it fun for you to do this?
It's no different than when you cheer for your team to win, you're still cheering for the outcome you deem to be the positive one.

Do you get enjoyment from doing this?
Only if your team actually loses. Just like when anyone else cheers for their team to win, if good outcome happens=enjoyment; if bad outcome happens=misery.

Is doing this time well spent or time wasted?
No better or worse spent than cheering for anything else in sports.

Wabit

May 23, 2016

I saw this the other day. I thought about using it in the 1st GDT post, but it seemed like the wrong thing to have there. The overly sensitive teenage daughter has me walking on eggshells...

Reactions: TaLoN

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I saw this the other day. I thought about using it in the 1st GDT post, but it seemed like the wrong thing to have there. The overly sensitive teenage daughter has me walking on eggshells...
I see that my post started something.

I did used to go outside in my wooded backyard with a pitchfork when i used to let my little, beloved dog out. Had on coyote just outside my window, and it was the biggest i've ever seen. Looked like a wolf. Also had a deer hanging around there with wounds, and an injured foot...I'm guessing from a Coyote attack.

They have been less frequent since my neighbour got a two 80-100 lb. dogs, and a Bulldog. Very goofy, and only goes up to my mid shin, but it must weigh 50 lbs, and i sure wouldn't want those jaws locked onto me.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I can’t begin to explain my disdain for the 7/11 approach
Well, the idea is that Boldy and Kap get more TOI than a guy like Petan.

You could question why we have to double shift those two against a team like ARI.

Last edited:

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
There is zero chance that as constructed , fully healthy and with every break going there way .....that this team does anything other than get destroyed after squeaking in the playoffs. How anyone could cheer for that after the last 15 years of it is beyond me. I’m tired of cheering for regular season glory and post season destruction. The team needs to be bad and build through the draft. You need more than one legit superstar and since we just trade them away Willy nilly I’m not sure that will ever happen.

Plus I want Guerin and Evason to fail so miserably that they never work in the NHL again. They are that bad

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
People who actively root against their own team are so weird.

That was a nice play by Middleton.
I’m actively rooting for them to actually win at some point in my life , the cycle of idiotic mediocrity needs to be broken.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I’m actively rooting for them to actually win at some point in my life , the cycle of idiotic mediocrity needs to be broken.
They won't be bad enough for what you want (top 5 pick) for at least another 4 years. This draft is loaded with centers. It's almost imperative to get a second 1st and draft some centers. This team needs centers so desperately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->