G Jack Ivankovic - Brampton Steelheads, OHL (2025 Draft)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s | Rest Easy #13
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com

Kid backstopped the Mississauga Senators to a tournament victory and is highly regarded as one of If not the best goalie of his age group at the moment. Still has some growing to do, as he is listed at 5’10” but his father is 6’4” so it shouldn’t be an issue as he matures. Was poised in his crease over the weekend, made some impressive stops while showing off his athleticism. Should be a prospect to follow going into the future.

Reactions: jj cale

daftness

Mar 26, 2023
Bit of a strange pick when they already got ryerson leenders who was the top goalie last year for the draft

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think he's very good. Showman type of goalie. A lot of athletic saves. Not that good with his positioning in his crease. Scrambles around a lot, but he makes it work. He has good stats to start the year in the OHL, has good stats at the WHC17, and was the rare early first round pick for an OHL goalie. He's already grown since being drafted into the OHL, and as @GermanSpitfire said his father is 6'4. He could develop into a first rounder contender for next season if he keeps progressing.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
IMO he is the leading goaltender for the 2025 NHL Draft over Gabriel D'Aigle....D'Aigle IMO has regressed in his ability and Ivankovich is getting better and better...

I became a fan at the Canada Games and more of a fan at the U17s...this kid is on his way to being a 1st rounder next year.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
D'Aigle was a child with a physical advantage over the others and too well prepared compared to the others. He hits a wall and I have a hard time seeing him get back on track.

The main quality needed for a goalkeeper is mental strength and this is a very hard factor to detect.

Reactions: Nevins

JFA87-66-99

Jun 12, 2007
USA
Does he play like any other NHL goalies? He seems rather small in size but he's still got plenty of time. His dad is listed as being 6'4 but I'm definitely getting excited the more I hear about him. Gonna try and see if I can watch any his games.

GermanSpitfire

Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Canada’s most promising goaltending talent since Carter Hart. That being said, it’s a shame he’s so short, still. Maybe he see’s a late growth spurt because his father is 6’4” but nothing yet, unfortunately.

Him showing up in big games is nothing new has been happening since his time with the Mississauga Senators and he really carried that team that year. So his performance internationally is no surprise.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
Canada’s most promising goaltending talent since Carter Hart. That being said, it’s a shame he’s so short, still. Maybe he see’s a late growth spurt because his father is 6’4” but nothing yet, unfortunately.

Him showing up in big games is nothing new has been happening since his time with the Mississauga Senators and he really carried that team that year. So his performance internationally is no surprise.

I wouldn't go that far. Ravenbergen would be in that conversation as well.

However its nice to see Canada starting to produce some elite goaltenders again.

GermanSpitfire

Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
I wouldn't go that far. Ravenbergen would be in that conversation as well.

However its nice to see Canada starting to produce some elite goaltenders again.
Ravensbergen’s only advantage over Ivankovic is size. Ivankovic is the better goalie, but may not see as much NHL success because of the size differences.

Ravensbergen played last season under a stacked team and people I feel too many people are overreacting to a really hot start for one of the best teams in the country. I’m in wait and see mode for Ravensbergen to see how he does with a team that won’t be as talented this season.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
Ravensbergen’s only advantage over Ivankovic is size. Ivankovic is the better goalie, but may not see as much NHL success because of the size differences.

Ravensbergen played last season under a stacked team and people I feel too many people are overreacting to a really hot start for one of the best teams in the country. I’m in wait and see mode for Ravensbergen to see how he does with a team that won’t be as talented this season.

The stacked team argument in my view isn't a good one. CHL teams have a very small window to achieve success. If Ravenbergen wasn't up to the task, the Cougars would have made a trade to ensure that goaltending wouldn't be an issue.

As for Ivankovic he wasn't the starting goalie all year behind Leenders. Perhaps that changes this year but i wouldn't declare a OHL backup as Canada's most promising goalie until he has a larger body of work.

GermanSpitfire

Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
The stacked team argument in my view isn't a good one. CHL teams have a very small window to achieve success. If Ravenbergen wasn't up to the task, the Cougars would have made a trade to ensure that goaltending wouldn't be an issue.

As for Ivankovic he wasn't the starting goalie all year behind Leenders. Perhaps that changes this year but i wouldn't declare a OHL backup as Canada's most promising goalie until he has a larger body of work.
you’ll see shortly when Leenders is traded and Ivankovic is handed the reigns this season because Ivankovic IS that good lol

You’re entitled to your opinion, but I think you’re wrong, lol

GermanSpitfire

Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
I think you have recency bias but you're entitled to your opinion as well. :thumbu:
I’m the last person you want to throw that at. One week ago I was at the WJSS in Windsor and watched Ravensbergen struggle against Team Canada Red. Unlike pretty much everyone on this board, I HAVE seen game action of both of these goalies recently.

I have also consistently called Ivankovic one of the best goaltending prospects in the sport. Here is what I wrote in a mock draft I helped with around a year and a half ago when Ivankovic wasn’t even drafted in the OHL yet.

“Jack is one of the best goaltending prospects to come into the OHL in the past 10 years“

Via: 2023 OHL Priority Selection Mock Draft & Preview

But hey, I’m the guy you want to accuse that has recency bias.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
you’ll see shortly when Leenders is traded and Ivankovic is handed the reigns this season because Ivankovic IS that good lol

You’re entitled to your opinion, but I think you’re wrong, lol
you've said you haven't watched Ravensbergen yet in the 2025 draft list post. Rav was unreal in the playoffs also so it wasn't just a hot start or a elite team in front of him. He also stole the net from Young who is 3 years older and a drafted+signed NHL prospect himself. Both him and Ivankovic look like great talents though. For the other post you're underestimating Cossa who's a great talent too

Reactions: Fixed to Ruin

GermanSpitfire

Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
you've said you haven't watched Ravensbergen yet in the 2025 draft list post. Rav was unreal in the playoffs also so it wasn't just a hot start or an elite team in front of him. He also stole the net from Young who is 3 years older and a drafted+signed NHL prospect himself. Both him and Ivankovic look like great talents though. For the other post you're underestimating Cossa who's a great talent too
Got a viewing of him at the WJSS last week. So things have changed since that post.

Agreed, both look talented - I’m just not convinced of Ravensbergen, yet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad