Value of: G - Freddie Halyk, University of Denver (NCAA), (2021 Draft - never selected)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Might be a reach but curious about this goalie.

Was never drafted; played 18AAA hockey during his draft year (2020-21 COVID season) and then had two mediocre seasons in the AJHL split between Lloydminster and Camrose.

No longer draft eligible, he has won four of his first five games with the Pioneers as a freshman and has combined with junior Matthew Davis to handle the Denver net.

Halyk at 6-5, 207 is one of the bigger goalies in college hockey.

Any likelihood of him being signed next summer or further in the future?

Stealth1616

Oct 12, 2019
Gonna need a lot more then sub .900 goaltending to peak NHL interest I would think

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
Gonna need a lot more then sub .900 goaltending to peak NHL interest I would think
Yeesh, I assumed if there was a thread about him then he was putting up great numbers. That sv % isn’t going to get anyone’s attention, especially in a league with a history of goalies putting up very good statistics which then don’t carry over to a successful pro career.

Reactions: DaveG

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
I doubt they would go after him this year unless his stats explode.

He does still have 3 more years in the NCAA after this one, so I think it's more realistic to revisit this at year 3 or 4.

He is being better right now than Davies who had been a pretty decent backup for Denver the last two years, so who knows.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad