Tennis: French Open 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
So naturally Carlos breaks for 2-love to start the fourth set. Whose on first? (If you get that reference, you are older than you think).

Reactions: CupofOil

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Now Alcaraz redlining. I swear, if his lows were even average he'd be unstoppable but at this point in his career his lows are really low so it keeps opponents in matches.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Forced to turn the sound on to see what people think is going on here.

No joy from those guys.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Curiouser and curiouser, 4-love Carlos....and then Zverev gets one of them back, perhaps unwisely. I'd be concerned about saving energy for the fifth set if I were him, 4-1.

Carlos getting a massage from the trainer. In danger of cramping. That could be a big deal. It has hampered him before.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Man, this is not a set that either of these players is going to want to remember, especially Zverev as he is broken again, 5-1.

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
This match is crazy. We're so used to Rafa's perfection so this is very different.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Carlos is good at fifth sets, Zverev not so much. Advantage Carlos? Who knows? I wouldn't want to bet on anything given how erratic this match has been.

Oct 18, 2006
That was the single worst service game I’ve ever seen in all my years watching tennis.

Now 0-30, this match is shocking. Honestly shocking.

Reactions: kihei

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Zverev chokes his serve away, 2-1 and now Carlos is in control though that might be too strong a word the way this match has been going.

That was the single worst service game I’ve ever seen in all my years watching tennis.

Now 0-30, this match is shocking. Honestly shocking.
My guy Gulbis once double-faulted four times in a game against Raonic, but yeah, it's right up there

Reactions: Filppula

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Absolutely monster hold from love-40 for Alcaraz, 3-1. That's the kind of play that wins championships. Funny, how neither of these guys seem to be hitting with anything approximating normal power, though.

Oct 18, 2006
Absolutely monster hold from love-40 for Alcaraz, 3-1. That's the kind of play that wins championships. Funny, how neither of these guys seem to be hitting with anything approximating normal power, though.
The returns from Zverev that game were inexplicably poor. Absolutely nothing on them. I miss Novak already.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Good for Carlos. Nothing like winning a Grand Slam when you are not near 100% and coughing up over 56 unforced errors to boot.

But how did Zverev manage to take only three games combined in the last two sets. That's quite a feat in a negative way. The guy has the heart of a gerbil (which is an insult to gerbils).

Oct 18, 2006
Good for Carlos. Nothing like winning a Grand Slam when you are not near 100% and coughing up over 56 unforced errors to boot.

But how did Zverev manage to take only three games combined in the last two sets. That's quite a feat in a negative way. The guy has the heart of a gerbil (which is an insult to gerbils).
Alcaraz winning this playing so patchy is remarkable.

But I’m prepared to say one thing is for certain, Zverev is never winning a GS. Mentally weak, plus he actually has a lot of holes in his game that are exposed when it matters most. FH, and net play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad