GDT: Free Agent FRENZY! Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
I have no clue just guessing.. Maybe get two good guys back idk. But I think our D needs improvement forsure. Only people here think our defense is decent.

The back end needs to be shored up for sure...however the solution to that isn't trading Phaneuf.

LeaffanDM

Oct 4, 2009
Canada
Why are people saying we need to acquire a 1C still? Obviously we all want one but Bozak and Kadri sharing the duties is going to have to do for now. We just re-signed Bozak if we acquired another center is Bozak playing the 3rd and Bolland the 4th? Don't think so.

Kadri is not the answer at C and he plays better at wing. taking grabo out makes us weaker..Bolland certainly isnt the answer offensively either. and resigning bozak doesnt make us better. This team is still weak a C in the offensive spots. we have one good #2 and a couple of defensive #3s. Our Cs dont match up against most of the better teams in the east, and thats an issue.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
goodness knows.
I think Phaneuf just needs to have someone to help eat minutes.

I don't think anyone needs to take blame for Phaneuf's mistakes.

It is funny why people want to absolve him from his own play by always looking at other defenders. Phaneuf has been playing in the league for 600 games time to stop blaming everyone else.

Phaneuf is a good defenseman, he can stand on his own 2 feet and be responsible for the decisions he makes.

If Lidstrom was his partner he still would have went for the big hit leading to the goal against. That was all Phaneuf.

What should happen is improve the defense so that Phaneuf is playing 23 minutes a night and not 25 minutes. That can be accomplished by improving the bottom pairing.

Hopefully the Leafs can find improvement with the players they've drafted and if that is not possible the Leafs must fire Morrison.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF

It is funny why people want to absolve him from his own play by always looking at other defenders. Phaneuf has been playing in the league for 600 games time to stop blaming everyone else.

Phaneuf is a good defenseman, he can stand on his own 2 feet and be responsible for the decisions he makes.

If Lidstrom was his partner he still would have went for the big hit leading to the goal against. That was all Phaneuf.

What should happen is improve the defense so that Phaneuf is playing 23 minutes a night and not 25 minutes. That can be accomplished by improving the bottom pairing.

Hopefully the Leafs can find improvement with the players they've drafted and if that is not possible the Leafs must fire Morrison.

Lidstrom would have played the 2 on 1 properly.

Dave Morrison? The guy who keeps drafting NHL players? I can look at 1 draft that has turned out bad.

Tyler Biggs*

Bolland in, Grabo out at center. That's an upgrade for Toronto. Clarkson in, Frattin out on RW. That's a BIG upgrade for Toronto. Bernier in, Scrivens out in net. Another big upgrade. The only hole left is MacArthur's wing spot which could be filled by a prospect. Colborne, Biggs, D'Amigo maybe. There are plenty of options and shouldn't be hard to fill that 3rd line wing spot.

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011

Kadri is not the answer at C and he plays better at wing. taking grabo out makes us weaker..Bolland certainly isnt the answer offensively either. and resigning bozak doesnt make us better. This team is still weak a C in the offensive spots. we have one good #2 and a couple of defensive #3s. Our Cs dont match up against most of the better teams in the east, and thats an issue.

"Kadri is not the answer at C and he plays better at wing." Since when?

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
What NHL players are you talking about?

How does it compare to say the Senators?

Most teams don't ever want to be in a position where they have to replace 10 or more spots on the roster with kids from the minors, you know.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
What NHL players are you talking about?

How does it compare to say the Senators?

Kulemin, Reimer, Tlusty, Holzer, Stalberg, Komarov, Frattin, Gunner, Schenn, Kadri, Blacker, D'Amigo,

All those players are/will be in the NHL next season. Thats from 2006-2009.

2010 on ward are too soon to judge IMO. But it appears like you can add Rielly, Biggs, Percy, Leivo, Ross, Finn, Sparks, Granberg, Broll as guys that will play in the NHL one day.

That would be 21 players in 7 drafts. That is on average 3 NHL players per draft.

In the same time span, I only really see 9 players from 2006-2012 drafts making the NHL for the Sens.

Foligno, Karlsson, Smith, Cowen, Silfverberg, Lehner, Ceci, Zibanejad, Lazar

If you feel generous, add in Puemple, Stone and Condra.

So 21 compared to 12.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010

I am guessing you dont watch hockey, because Kadri said himself and Carlyle agreed that Kadri plays better in the center.

officialmark7*

Nonis really ****ed up hard with the Clarkson signing. Now we are having trouble trying to fill out our D (Our main problem in the playoffs). He better have something up his sleeve, or know the cap is going to go up quicker than predicted.

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
Belly-achers are annoying. Can we at least wait until the season before firing our GM?

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
it wasn't the defense that cost the game seven collapse, it was bad defensive play by everyone. don't get me wrong, i'd love to upgrade it, but i think on that end we're going to have to be patient and upgrade from within.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Kulemin, Reimer, Tlusty, Holzer, Stalberg, Komarov, Frattin, Gunner, Schenn, Kadri, Blacker, D'Amigo,

All those players are/will be in the NHL next season. Thats from 2006-2009.

2010 on ward are too soon to judge IMO. But it appears like you can add Rielly, Biggs, Percy, Leivo, Ross, Finn, Sparks, Granberg, Broll as guys that will play in the NHL one day.

That would be 21 players in 7 drafts. That is on average 3 NHL players per draft.

In the same time span, I only really see 9 players from 2006-2012 drafts making the NHL for the Sens.

Foligno, Karlsson, Smith, Cowen, Silfverberg, Lehner, Ceci, Zibanejad, Lazar

If you feel generous, add in Puemple, Stone and Condra.

So 21 compared to 12.

Kulemin, Tlusty, Holzer, Stalberg, Komarov, Gunner aren't Morrison, they're from Europe.

These two are not NHL players Blacker, D'Amigo.

Schenn, Kadri, Hayes, Pateryn are Morrison.

My point was if you have to go to the UFA market and cannot fill positions from within Morrison should be fired. Can you name one team that hasn't drafted and promoted players?

Tyler Biggs*

Glad the Habs got Parros. That means that they are down one real NHL hockey player on their bench each night. BTW....ORR can literally skate circles around Parros and that is for real, not an euphemism. That says it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad