GDT: Free Agency Frenzy July 1st @ 12pm ET (Apparently it's not 12pm)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
This board complains when we sign bigger names and when we don't. Drury cannot win with some here.
I don't even think Drury's a particularly good GM, but people here act like the salary cap hasn't existed for 20 years now.

There was only so much he'd be able to do with this roster but so many got it in their heads that we're getting Carolina-level turnover this summer.

Screenshot 2024-07-01 at 11.22.51 AM.png
Screenshot 2024-07-01 at 11.22.45 AM.png

1719847416409.png

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
If they don’t make significant moves and Trouba is still on the team…congratulations Jake on becoming the villain.

They will indeed be boos. Though he can tell himself in his head they are Trous, which is sneakily kind of nice for him.

Reactions: TheDirtyH and Atax

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Still plenty of guys out there. Arvidsson and Stephenson would be options for the RW slot, probably will be cheaper than those that have signed already

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Is anyone really shocked that the Blackhawks are signing bigger ticket players. They have the cap space and guys want to sign for as much as they can get.

Reactions: TheDirtyH

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005
I know people want the rangers to do stuff, but look at these contracts. Prudence and patience are probably virtues today

Teams will need to shed players at some point with all these massive contracts. You may get better value by waiting to pounce.

Patience.

The Rangers have never won a Cup by spending big in free agency. I was pro Panarin signing, pro Shattenkirk signing. Sometimes it makes sense.

Today, I don't see many moves that make sense. I'm not in a rush to pay a Chris Tanev level player 75% of Adam Fox money.

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
I'm just preparing for a tough season ahead. Just my gut telling me.
I’m with you. They’re going to take a big step back this season. Obviously no one is expecting another President’s Trophy but as of now the lineup is the same and other teams are getting significantly better.

Reactions: Atax and will1066

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
Teravainen is a left-handed LW. He'd be asked to play on his off-wing here.

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
I’m with you. They’re going to take a big step back this season. Obviously no one is expecting another President’s Trophy but as of now the lineup is the same and other teams are getting significantly better.

There should not be, but there will be a hangover with this group.

Reactions: Paulie Walnutz

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005

Eh.

Seems like a lot of money to pay for a support player when we still need star, offensive driving players. This seems like a premium to try to milk production out of Mika and Kreider.

What are you gonna do with this contract when they don't win the Cup again and realize that it is in fact time to tear down your top 6 and build around youth?

They just have no interest in that and it's foolish.

I don't hate the player, I just hate the team's approach to talent acquisition.

edit: We've apparently been duped, never mind.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad