GDT: Free Agency Frenzy July 1st @ 12pm ET (Apparently it's not 12pm)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

EEL

Sep 18, 2008
HHI
Lomberg is a bad player, coming off a terrible year and playoff healthy scratches, who wants so much money that he couldn't even reach an agreement to extend with Florida. Why would you possibly want to pay for hiM

Lomberg is not as good a player as Goodrow. Is not going to be a face-off guy or a penalty killer either. Not a guy you want out on the ice to close out a 1 goal lead. He's small and stocky, hits a lot and a lot more frequently and harder than Goodrow. He gets under skins better and also fights more than Barclay. Think Hollweg.....maybe a little more skill and he's better at fighting than Hollweg was. That's pretty much I think what he is though. He's effectively a pest and pretty good at it.
And we need someone like that! Love me some Hollweg!! We got the skill positions covered.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Trading Trouba and signing Roy would be a massive improvement.

Have no clue what he's doing with LHD and a top9 Forward.

I'd rather add another Center and move Chytil to wing. We definitely need a plan B if Chytil stays at Center.

Going to have to make a trade for our LHD. Getting a Pinto and Chychrun package makes sense to me.
So having 2 injury prone dman in Chychrun and Lindgren is not great. Great way to play Harpur, and Mackay more when they get hurt 🤮

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Would you look for coverage for Chytil at FA time, or roll the dice on him and use the LTIR overage if the worst was to happen?
I know this wasn’t directed at me, but I’ve been a proponent of dealing him and his $4MM for picks at the very least. For his sake, I’d be thrilled if he finishes his current contract healthy, but he’s already had way too many close calls — with risks only increasing.

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
So much for the "Florida taxes" if that ~9mil AAV is true for Guentzel. About the same as 8x8 offered by Carolina.
Not sure I follow. 9x8 in Florida is higher than 8x8 in Carolina, if Florida has zero state income tax and North Carolina has around 5%.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Sometimes it’s more about structure than the overall $$ amount.
Sure, but even that doesn't have to do with the taxes but rather the owner. Leafs frontload the living f*** out of contracts with all the signing bonuses they can by the rules. It's more attractive for the player. A lot of owners don't like that though, they are lockout proof, and it's nice to spread that big 70 million dollar contract over the 8 years instead of forking over like 15 million for the first three summers.

Not sure I follow. 9x8 in Florida is higher than 8x8 in Carolina, if Florida has zero state income tax and North Carolina has around 5%.
Tampa can't offer Guentzel 8 years, it will be a 7 year deal. So the total value of the deal will be about the same.

Reactions: CasusBelli

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
JM makes all the sense.

Lomberg is a hard pass from me. He had a strong game or 2 in the ECF, but what he brings is easily found in much larger players already in the org, at a much lower cost.
Edstrom and Rempe on the fourth makes me salivate. And I think last seasons Edstrom was better than Rempe. The latter is just super affable and marketable. Has a long way to go (especially on his skating) to become a regular, though.

Reactions: Bacon Artemi Bravo

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
I know this wasn’t directed at me, but I’ve been a proponent of dealing him and his $4MM for picks at the very least. For his sake, I’d be thrilled if he finishes his current contract healthy, but he’s already had way too many close calls — with risks only increasing.
I wonder how many teams would be willing to give up a useful pick based on that injury history

Reactions: CasusBelli
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad