GDT: Free Agency Frenzy July 1st @ 12pm ET (Apparently it's not 12pm)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
Maybe Sprong? 43 points on a rough DRW team, and he's a pretty good skater.

I'd love Trenin on the 4th line. He'll hit and can PK, plus he'll fight--good replacement for Goodrow.
Sprong is not someone you want playing on the top line. Hes more of a depth scorer who’s good at picking apart softer competition.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I don’t care about PPG, I care about the fit. He wasn’t the right fit. Quite frankly there aren’t many great fits to play on Kreider and Zibanejad right wing but Kane wasn’t it either.
Thought a healthy kane would be. Doesn’t matter now, another failed player coming up with them.

usatsi_20506456.webp
Lmao exactly, another failed project.

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
"We need a real top-6 winger!"

"But not like that!"

Guys, there isn't much out there. We can either get that top-6 forward, who are all going to be small and skilled (Stamkos, Kane, Skinner, Guentzel), OR we can continue with Kakko or whoever the f*** you want. I guess Tyler Bertuzzi might be available.

Or, we can trade our best prospects and multiple picks for a guy like Tkachuk, if the Sens even want to move him.
If Lavi and staff are gonna run it back again with the dynamic duo, put Kakko with them and limit their minutes.

AirGut

Jul 1, 2019
Larry Brooks Bus Stop
www.capfriendly.com
why exactly do they need a big name? Other than for Dolan to sell jerseys
idk if this team ever makes it past the ECF or even sniffs it again without former proven all-stars and HOF type players with experience.

People are so traumatized by the early 00's Rangers that they fail to see signing big names can work when you actually have a deep competitive team, not when you're supposed to be tanking. Rangers getting a Kane or a Stamkos shores up the entire top-6 and bolsters depth x10.

noncents

Feb 25, 2022
idk if this team ever makes it past the ECF or even sniffs it again without former proven all-stars and HOF type players with experience.

People are so traumatized by the early 00's Rangers that they fail to see signing big names can work when you actually have a deep competitive team, not when you're supposed to be tanking. Rangers getting a Kane or a Stamkos shores up the entire top-6 and bolsters depth x10.
brother in christ watch the team play.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
not gonna be able to move trouba, reconcile, re-sign lindgren, sign a rw, jones replaces gus, kakko retained until deadline. sorry, off season over.
I think this might actually be true lmao. With a depth forward signed to compete with Othmann/Berard for the 3rd line wing spot.

Reactions: Tob

will1066

Oct 12, 2008

I think this team is thinner than you might believe.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
If you are trying to find the absolutely best fit, you are probably going to be disappointed in free agency. You need to find value. We'll see what Kane gets, but like I said, 1 year deal? That's absolutely something we should've looked at.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
If you are trying to find the absolutely best fit, you are probably going to be disappointed in free agency. You need to find value. We'll see what Kane gets, but like I said, 1 year deal? That's absolutely something we should've looked at.
On a one-year deal, Kane is likely getting performance bonuses that may roll over into next year. That wouldn't be good for us.

Reactions: Vitto79

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005
no Kaner, probably no Stamkos in NY, this team still does need big names despite what people here on HF think.

Drury is going to go with the bare minimum this summer again I already have that feeling.
To be honest they don’t need the bandaids they can get in this year’s free agency anyway.

They should be scouring for good buy low deals on high upside young players like Zegras and Hayton. And they should be looking for a high end first pair defender once Trouba is punted.

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005
I have zero issues with Chris or any of Rangers management, but unless there is some magic stew being brewed, somebody is being left at the bus stop, standing in front of a giant puddle of poop.

And the winged wheel is a comin fast.

What now? Stamkos?

RW is Rosie O'Donnell ugly

What do you expect? We are locked into a ton of big contracts with more on the horizon and a few glaring “not good enough,” positions. Moving out Trouba is mandatory with a capital M. So was ditching Goodrow. So is not giving Shesterkin a contract that has double digit millions per year.

We are thin because we tried to shortcut the rebuild and therefore had to overpay to import necessary pieces to “win now” and when that still left us short we had to rent over and over which left us short on assets.

Some of us advised against this foolishness and now here we are.

Reactions: will1066

LiveLongandProspal

NY Rangers = America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
Trouba is f***ing insane. Butthurt because we want to move on from him? He's been awful! Why would we want to keep him?

"Why don't they want me?"

Reactions: Chalfdiggity3

GENESISPuck94

Sponsor
May 2, 2022
NJ
"We need a real top-6 winger!"

"But not like that!"

Guys, there isn't much out there. We can either get that top-6 forward, who are all going to be small and skilled (Stamkos, Kane, Skinner, Guentzel), OR we can continue with Kakko or whoever the f*** you want. I guess Tyler Bertuzzi might be available.

Or, we can trade our best prospects and multiple picks for a guy like Tkachuk, if the Sens even want to move him.
DeBrusk.

Reactions: will1066 and LOFIN
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: