Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Relapsing

Jul 3, 2018
lol what does he belive in?
Just some divorced from reality shit.

- corn flakes lower men's libido
- tap water turns frogs feminine
- veganism is propoganda
- polyester underwear lowers sperm count
- global conspiracy against meat eating
- sunscreen is poison

You know, the usual batshit insane nutjobbery.

Imma be straight with you all up front: if you come at me with believing any of this, I'll gladly tell you you're also insane and that you should go see a shrink.

You didn't get that from his consumption of animal organs?
I gave him the benefit of the doubt that maybe a nutritionist helped him figure that out.... Nah. Just crazy!

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010

- veganism is propoganda
- sunscreen is poison

Imma be straight with you all up front: if you come at me with believing any of this, I'll gladly tell you you're also insane and that you should go see a shrink.

I gave him the benefit of the doubt that maybe a nutritionist helped him figure that out.... Nah. Just crazy!
Well the meat eating one is correct at least lol

Good in Osgoode

Jan 15, 2018
Osgoode
Pagnotta has us linked to Parayko and Rossi on his trade chart.

He has the following teams linked to Chychrun:
Boston, St. Louis, Philadelphia, Washington, Calgary, Chicago

We are also linked to most of the goalies.

Maybe something around Chychrun for Parayko?

I have a had time believing that he would waive to come here, but let's assume he would.

There is a French version of the commercial with the Joseph brothers.

Those commercials really shed a light on our team being full of trouble makers.
He has us linked to Markstom & Ullmark and then Parayko, Ehlers & Rossi.
From that article, I would think we would be linked to any Goalie out there, including Saros, Gus and Gibson, who are also on the list. I have also heard Ottawa linked to Laughton, Zegras, Savard and Kaliyev, who are on this list as well.

With Boston, St Louis, Philly, Wash, Calgary and Chicago linked to Chychrun, things could line up in terms of him going to Boston for Ullmark, which sounds like it might have been on the table at the trade deadline back in March or maybe something around Chychrun going to Philly for Laughton or Calgary for Markstrom, which I think is maybe the most likely of trade possibilities.

Blotto71

Okay, maybe the worst is behind us...?
May 12, 2013
Over There

- veganism is propoganda
- sunscreen is poison

I'm good, but would you mind speaking with my wife?

• Haha
Reactions: Relapsing

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
If Pagnotta told me the sky was blue I'd go look outside to confirm before believing him

I don't get why Pagnotta has such a bad rep.

He tends to call a lot of stuff. Or is the first to report on a lot of things. Maybe it's because he is independent and not with Rogers or Bell, that he doesn't get the label of being a major insider. He's not Eklund tier.

Why would Seattle be moving tanev

Last year of his contract.

If they can get something like Joseph and a draft pick, that's a huge win. They get the better player for their needs. He is cost controlled for an extra year. They also get a draft pick out of it.

Relapsing

Jul 3, 2018
You have to be more specific because the kind of things I see people try to sell as conspiracy level insane usually boils down to "I'm far left and he is not".
Laid it out a little further up.

No need to bring politics into it. Mental health issues don't care about who you vote for.

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison

- veganism is propoganda
- sunscreen is poison

Half of those things have some legitimacy behind them and can be proven with sources. The other half are just basic disagreements over nutrition/lifestyle choices that can both be proven and disproven, but mostly rely on confirmation bias.

The fact that you're framing the post like you are is more of a negative towards you than him. I mean, some of that stuff is weird - but it's no weirder than half the stuff your average person eats if you actually read ingredient lists and consider what is in our food.

I think my underwear has polyester though.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

- veganism is propoganda
- sunscreen is poison

How did you come across his belief of things like tap water effect on frogs?

I suspect the sunscreen one might be true, that shit is not intented for consumption...

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Korpisalo for Pageau?

Both are buyout candidates. We would not buyout Pageau, but instead keep him as our "veteran" acquisition.

If the Islanders were already going to buy Pageau out, Korpisalo's buyout is nearly 2M cheaper for both of the next two seasons. It's twice as long as the Pageau buyout, but the point would be for the Islanders to prioritize short-term cap space at the expense of having dead cap on the books for a longer period of time.

You have to understand that they have almost no cap flexibility next season. It's absurd. They have 6.6M in cap space with 17 players signed. Assuming they fill out 6 roster spots with players on 2-way type contracts, that still eats up almost all of that 6.6M. Maybe leaving them with 2M of cap space at most.

In terms of Ottawa, he wouldn't be our first choice for a veteran player, but it gets us out of the final 2 years of the Korpisalo contract and gets us a bottom 6 centre.

With the cap going up, I think the floor for his value should be reasonably high.

There will be a team who either misses out on free agent top 4 defensemen, or does not want to commit big money or term to sign a UFA defenseman.

I could very easily see a team giving up a 1st for Chychrun with the intention of him being a cheap (cap wise) acquisition.

The bigger question to me is more, what is his ceiling trade value wise.

I’m confused why the Islanders would take on Korpi when they have Sorokin for 8 more an Varlamov who Roy loves for 3 more .

Doesn’t make sense to even immediately buy him out as doing so for Pageau would be cheaper

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
Laid it out a little further up.

No need to bring politics into it. Mental health issues don't care about who you vote for.

Nothing you listed above seems like a mental health issue.

Possibly the meat conspiracy, but there are some shady things that go on in the food industry.

It just seems like basic diet/lifestyle, that is possibly nonsense driven by confirmation bias. Let's put it this way, if you asked me to write a well sourced essay either arguing that we should eat a Vegan diet, or warning people of the dangers of a Vegan diet, I could do both, and they would both have reasonable and properly sourced proof.

Unless his beliefs about nutrition and lifestyle make it so that he cannot live a normal life (OCD, etc) - I don't see how they are mental health issues. Your post and how it is framed reflects more negatively on you than it does on him. I'm sure that is not your intention, but that is how it comes off.

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015

- veganism is propoganda
- sunscreen is poison

maybe i can make a case for the meat eating.

processed foods are much more marketed in North American foods and diets when eating meat is for sure a more wholesome food.

but if everyone started only eating meat and whole foods even though the population would end up healthier, so many industries would collapse, heck North America would collapse.

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
I’m confused why the Islanders would take on Korpi when they have Sorokin for 8 more an Varlamov who Roy loves for 3 more .

Doesn’t make sense to even immediately buy him out as doing so for Pageau would be cheaper

They would buy him out.

The idea behind the trade is that there are no takers for Pageau without swapping him for another contract, and they are going to have to buy Pageau out.

Korpisalo's buyout is more favourable for them in the short term. So it's a swap of bad contracts that is a win/win for both sides.

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
like even the liver thing. it is a huge source of iron, something a lot of people are deficient and in general liver is incredibly nutrient dense.

so idk why he gets shit on for that. i wouldn't eat it, but i can see why someone would want to.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015

- veganism is propoganda
- sunscreen is poison

f*** me I gotta tell my pregnant wife that I am not sure how she got pregnant with my polyester underwear wearing ass.

Last edited:

Tragedy

Jan 10, 2013
Regina, SK
I don't get why Pagnotta has such a bad rep.

He tends to call a lot of stuff. Or is the first to report on a lot of things. Maybe it's because he is independent and not with Rogers or Bell, that he doesn't get the label of being a major insider. He's not Eklund tier.

Last year of his contract.

If they can get something like Joseph and a draft pick, that's a huge win. They get the better player for their needs. He is cost controlled for an extra year. They also get a draft pick out of it.
Probably because he is a living example of infinite monkeys with infinite typewriters. Dude spits out constant junk. He gets paid for clicks not accuracy.

He makes educated guesses and sometimes gets something right or close enough to right to give him a feint air of legitimacy. Anyone can do that if they are able to spit out an unlimited number of guesses. Keep an eye on the fourth period / his twitter with the draft/free agency coming. His trade mark move is to say any number of teams are the front runner and then remove his posts that conflict with what ends up actually happening lol.

He also just straight gets things wrongs too like saying Scott Morrow was in the Guentzel trade or a couple years ago said Parenteau was traded when he wasn't at the TDL.

How did you come across his belief of things like tap water effect on frogs?

I suspect the sunscreen one might be true, that shit is not intented for consumption...
Just so everyone is on the same page - this is the post Chychrun commented '💯💯💯' to.

1718661831830.png

Relapsing

Jul 3, 2018
Half of those things have some legitimacy behind them and can be proven with sources.
Alright then, provide them. Show those receipts. I'll gladly read any peer reviewed studies published in actual scientific journals.

The other half are just basic disagreements over nutrition/lifestyle choices that can both be proven and disproven, but mostly rely on confirmation bias.
Which ones are those? Cornflakes lower libido? Tapwater turning frogs feminine?
The fact that you're framing the post like you are is more of a negative towards you than him. I mean, some of that stuff is weird - but it's no weirder than half the stuff your average person eats if you actually read ingredient lists and consider what is in our food.
So just let me get this straight for a second: You actually think more negatively towards me, someone who shows contempt for someone who holds beliefs that are devoid of reason, than the person agreeing with those beliefs?

f*** me. What world do we live in now?
like even the liver thing. it is a huge source of iron, something a lot of people are deficient and in general liver is incredibly nutrient dense.

so idk why he gets shit on for that. i wouldn't eat it, but i can see why someone would want to.
I'm not shitting on him eating liver - he can eat whatever the heck he wants. I'm shitting on him for believing in any of the crap I listed.
maybe i can make a case for the meat eating.

processed foods are much more marketed in North American foods and diets when eating meat is for sure a more wholesome food.

but if everyone started only eating meat and whole foods even though the population would end up healthier, so many industries would collapse, heck North America would collapse.

As far as I'm aware, there are zero legitimate studies that show the purported health benefits of a meat only diet.

To put it another way, if Jordan Peterson is out there extolling the virtues of something, I'm gonna question the hell out of it.
Just so everyone is on the same page - this is the post Chychrun commented '💯💯💯' to.

View attachment 883683
That's from an instagram account (jordivitality), who purports to be some sort of coach that 'helps busy 6-8 figure entrepreneurs optimize their testosterone levels...'. This guy's insta is a veritable garden of crazy. I am gobsmacked by some of the shit this guy is putting out into the void.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad