Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site
If they’re fine trading back, it’s either because they are not high on any of the available guys, or they have a guy much higher than he’s expected to go, like MBN/Solberg, etc. that should be there at 12.

It sucks in my opinion moving back because I really like 3/4 guys who won’t be available at 12 for pick 7, but the scouts for Ottawa likely have a guy ranked quite high who we here do not have quite as high b

Or they know that dropping to 12 means taking a lesser prospect, but they figure trading down is their way out of a jam, be that Korpisalo's contract, the absence of a 1st round pick in 25/26, etc.

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa
I doubt anything gets announced or even leaked until after game 7 tomorrow.

I know those other deals went through last week, but that was when everyone thought the series was over.

Gary is going to tell teams to stfu before what’s probably going to be the biggest game, from a viewership perspective, in NHL history.
I don't think you're right on the 1st, 2nd and last sentences.

• Love
Reactions: Cosmix

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site
You also have to cut through the PR. With this quote, there are 9-10 top players and it just so happens the Devils have the 10th pick! So no matter what happens, they’ll get a guy from that first tier.

I bet if they had the 11th pick, there’d be 10-11 top players…

That's one way to interpret things. But if you've followed scouts, they don't give a shit about PR. Trent Mann basically called the fanbase idiots for questioning Tyler Boucher at 10OA.

Personally, I think it's very plausible that NJ has a tier drop at around 9/10. I see a drop before 12.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alf Silfversson

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Once we are in the clock and the Flyers choice is there

To Flyers 7OA + Korpisalo + Joseph for 12OA + Laughton

To Boston Chychrun + Laughton for Ullmark + 4th liner

Ottawa gives up 7OA, Chychrun and Joseph while adding 12OA and Ullmark along with unloading Korpisalo’s contract

CallSaul

Jun 19, 2024
I don't think you're right on the 1st, 2nd and last sentences.

When was the last time CNN did a segment about an upcoming NHL game? Because they did one yesterday.

You have a guy breaking Gretzky’s records trying to do something that hasn’t been done since 1942.

There won’t be any trade news distracting from it, and no actual media member is going to post about anything but that game tomorrow.

All we’ll have until Tuesday is Twitter “insiders”.

Reactions: DrEasy

LiseL

Sponsor
Sep 25, 2023
You’d rather add a way worse goalie than “help” Boston “get rid of” their Vezina-winning goalie with 62 wins in his last 87 starts?
Supposedly, Vegas is interested in Ullmark. That's all I need to know that we should get him. If Vegas' goalies are so good, why is Vegas letting them walk?

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010
We’ve heard Ottawa likes Iginla, maybe they have a reason to believe he’ll be there at 12.

It seems unlikely but then again if you assume the top 5 is some variation of Celebrini, Levshunov, Silayev, Lindstrom and Demidov, that leaves you with Buium, Dickinson, Parekh, Sennecke, Yakemchuk and Iginla as the most likely guys taken 6-11 from what we’ve heard. All it really takes is someone liking a different player for one of those guys to get to 12.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
We’ve heard Ottawa likes Iginla, maybe they have a reason to believe he’ll be there at 12.

It seems unlikely but then again if you assume the top 5 is some variation of Celebrini, Levshunov, Silayev, Lindstrom and Demidov, that leaves you with Buium, Dickinson, Parekh, Sennecke, Yakemchuk and Iginla as the most likely guys taken 6-11 from what we’ve heard. All it really takes is someone liking a different player for one of those guys to get to 12.
Chances of him sliding past Calgary at 9 is pretty slim I would think.

Reactions: swiftwin

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI

One guy I could see the Sens absolutely loving in the 12 range is Liam Greentree.

Cole Eiserman is also an option as the apparent best goal scorer in the draft.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
If we're moving back to 12 it's because we're confident the guy we like will still be there, so that means it's unlikely we'd move back for Iginla, Parekh, Yakemchuk or Sennecke.

Maybe Solberg or Brandsegg-Nygård, or perhaps Helenius or Catton?

Reactions: Icelevel

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site

I'd be okay trading down to nine or ten. I see the argument for it, though I'd rather not. Twelve is outside the range I'd move to, though. At twelve, I think you're putting yourself into a lower tier, and I don't trust this scouting staff not to reach in that position.

I also don't like Yakemchuk very much and have my doubts they'd take Catton, even at 12, so there's that.

Last edited:

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

Bruce says we are looking to move Chychrun, Brannstrom, JBD, Kastelic and Joseph. Reiterates we want Brandon Tanev. We will most likely buyout Hamonic.

Why would Sens be looking to move on from JBD?

- RD Just 23 and established himself last year as NHL'er
- Can PK, Block shots and hit

Seems like a guy Sens should be happy to continue to hold onto and develop

Last edited:

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Why would Sens be looking to move on from JBD?

- RD Just 23 and established himself last year as NHL'er
- Can PK, Block shots and hit

Seems like a guy Sens should be happy to continue to hold onto and develop

I think this is basically his ceiling.

Guys like him are a dime a dozen.

Reactions: Relapsing

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Being a little harsh. Where's his card!
Yeah if he was 6’3” he might be exactly what we needed.
I’m ok giving him a bit more time here but not too concerned either way.
Interested to see if guenette can cut it.
Course ideally we’re bringing in two better RHDs

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Being a little harsh. Where's his card!

all-7-senators-defensemen-player-cards-updated-v0-tej23nl29ndc1.jpg

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Absolutely agree that you can have prime Hasek in net but if we don't fix our dzone play and upgrade our dmen, we aren't going anywhere.

We need a top 4Rd and a big shutdown Dman to replace branny's spot.
Did hasek save league average low danger scoring chances ?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad