Proposal: Forsberg to the Flames.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
Rumor is probably bogus, and Nashville is better off losing him for nothing than trading him going into a playoff run. The cost would be significant and Calgary doesn't even have a 1st this year.

Strickland is absolutely credible. He's not in the business of rumor-mongering.

Now, it's entirely possible Strickland's source is also simply Forsberg's agent, who is trying to better his client's position. Anything is possible. But Strickland spent all summer pushing back against the pure garbage Jeremy Rutherford was putting out straight from Tarasenko's agent. Rutherford repeatedly misconstrued the team's position (and seemingly received silence from management because of it), acted like a petulant child when people called him out on missed claims and predictions, and time has shown Strickland to be right.
Doesn't mean Forsberg is going anywhere, but Strickland has a good record of not flinging bullshit.

Just a Fan

Feb 22, 2022
What do you believe it would take to add Forsberg to the Flames? I believe an addition like this truly makes them a contender.
After spending assets for Toffoli, not sure you would like the cost for a MUCH BETTER Forsberg….

Just a Fan

Feb 22, 2022
To put it in perspective, Forsberg has as many goals in 38 games as Toffoli had points in 37 games with Montreal this year. And Toffoli got a 1st and a recent early 2nd.
Yup, and with the Flames 1st already gone, I don’t think they will like the price tag on Forsberg….I can’t come up with something the Preds would accept….

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Yup, and with the Flames 1st already gone, I don’t think they will like the price tag on Forsberg….I can’t come up with something the Preds would accept….

I mean we have prospects that are probably worth more than our first this year, but probably not worth giving them up for a rental when our future is uncertain past this off season.

Just a Fan

Feb 22, 2022
I mean we have prospects that are probably worth more than our first this year, but probably not worth giving them up for a rental when our future is uncertain past this off season.
Wasn't meant as a slight on Calgary's prospects at all....guess i should reword it, i don't see a trade of pieces Calgary would be willing to move that Nashville would accept.

Reactions: Flames Fanatic

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Wasn't meant as a slight on Calgary's prospects at all....guess i should reword it, i don't see a trade of pieces Calgary would be willing to move that Nashville would accept.

Oh didn't take it as a slight sorry, just saying we could still probably do something on paper, just probably not pieces we want to give up either :D

Reactions: Just a Fan

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
I would have much preferred a guy who can score at 5 on 5 to Toffoli. But what's done is done. At least we'll score lots of empty net goals with Toffoli...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad