In Memoriam Former pro hockey players/management/others deaths (Sergei Berezin, Marty Pavelich)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

ES

Feb 14, 2004
Finland
Berezin was playing in the first NHL game (and so far my only North American game) I saw live. Three players from that game are now gone - all Russians, two others are Karpovtsev and Korolyov who died in the Lokomotiv Yaroslavl plane crash.

By my understanding, he was also the first Coyote from this century to die. The only other Coyotes players to die before him were Korolyov and McCrimmon.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
52 is so young. Is he among the ten youngest deceased NHLers? Just based on how old they would be if alive today?

I'm not sure if there's an easy way to determine this. And of course, going over the list of all the recent NHLers to die in their 40s or earlier would just be a parade of tragedy...

TumbaYumba

Mar 29, 2014
Planet Earth
Reactions: Hockey Stathead

Ad

Upcoming events

• Portugal vs Slovenia
    KNOCKOUT Portugal vs Slovenia
    Wagers: 7
    Staked: $32,249.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: