OT: Football thread (2024 season)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Oh, hell no!

They can't adjust for the life of them, are oblivious to where the marker is, can't routinely come down with the rock.

Then add in a QB like Jones...just...burn it down.
A unspoken problem that nobody mentions is Nabors has dropped 2 huge possibly game deciding balls. It may be 3 if going back to preseason. I know everyone luvs the kid but we could have 3 wins if he doesn't drop 2 key balls in his hands.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
My thing with Rodgers and mobility has nothing to do with thinking he needs to be Lamar Jackson. When I grew up, Randall Cunningham was a unicorn and mobile QBs were like Steve Young.

Rodgers though used to be a fairly mobile guy who could get himself out of the pocket and make throws on the move. I'm not talking about the guy dodging several tacklers and sprinting 50 yards down the sideline. Now it feels like he still wants to be that guy who gets outside the tackles and makes a throw down field, but his accuracy in doing so doesn't seem good. That's great that he can run 8 yards on a bootleg but it's not what I'm talking about.

Brutananadilewski

Nov 6, 2021
Wherever the keg is!
A unspoken problem that nobody mentions is Nabors has dropped 2 huge possibly game deciding balls. It may be 3 if going back to preseason. I know everyone luvs the kid but we could have 3 wins if he doesn't drop 2 key balls in his hands.

The rookie is the one that is excelling, and you can't blame him for the second one: the one that left him concussed.

It shouldn't be coming down to the wire, Jones' arm is a downgrade compared to Eli, him throwing a bomb downfield was/is as rare as Eli picking up 10 yards on the run himself, and Jones isn't as mobile this season.

Slayton, 5 seasons with this team, and he has 19 TDs to show for it. Also not a coincidence that his best year (Rookie year) came in Eli's final year.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
The rookie is the one that is excelling, and you can't blame him for the second one: the one that left him concussed.

It shouldn't be coming down to the wire, Jones' arm is a downgrade compared to Eli, him throwing a bomb downfield was/is as rare as Eli picking up 10 yards on the run himself, and Jones isn't as mobile this season.

Slayton, 5 seasons with this team, and he has 19 TDs to show for it. Also not a coincidence that his best year (Rookie year) came in Eli's final year.
Blame is a tough word but Plaxico used to say if I get my hands on it it should be caught. If Nabors didn't get his feet down Id understand but why did he drop the ball in his hands?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad