OT: Football thread (2024 season)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Yeah he’s awful , only reason this game is close
I can't believe the Jets lost to a QB performance like that, Jets looked like they would win it in the end. The betting percentages said Jets. They probably should have been able to move closer than a 50 yard FG with all their weapons.

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
Game was lost when they couldn't punch it in on 1st and goal from the 1. Even without the penalty that forced the field goal, I doubt they would have scored.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I don't know about Rodgers. He's fine. Good, even. But he's immobile and can't really extend the play at a high level, struggles with his accuracy on his second a third reads, and has absolutely no chemistry with Wilson (and would rather throw to Lazard). I'm not pinning it all on him, but he's clearly not the savior.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
There were so many good RBs available this offseason for $6mill to $10 mill. I think the Giants made a mistake not grabbing one. As bad as their 1-3 record looks they may end up today 1 game out of first place.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
I don't know about Rodgers. He's fine. Good, even. But he's immobile and can't really extend the play at a high level, struggles with his accuracy on his second a third reads, and has absolutely no chemistry with Wilson (and would rather throw to Lazard). I'm not pinning it all on him, but he's clearly not the savior.
He’s over 40 years old. It’s insane that he’s still playing.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
I mentioned his mobility had declined a bit for around 3 years after last seasons game vs the Giants. People got upset. His arm is still solid but like most 40 year olds he has slowed down.

Vikings keep showing they are for real.

Reactions: majordomo

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Rodgers is immobile? He was moving all around the pocket this and last week. Even had a designed rollout this week. This reads like a generic post about an old player. Mobility isn't Lamar Jackson or nothing. Until recent years almost all the QBs were relatively immobile. Brady and Manning just stood in the pocket and slid around to avoid pressure. They weren't out there putting up big runs. I haven't seen anything different from Rodgers.

The takes on this game are obviously going to be out of hand. It's all going to get blamed on the coaching staff which is the usual nonsense blame. "They had 10 days and this is the gameplan they came up with?" Well, yea, I don't think in their 10 days of preparations they were expecting that it would rain for almost the entire game. Same for the penalties. It's the coaches staffs fault that McDonald lined up offside twice? Like he doesn't know better? It's the coaching staff's fault that Lazard held on that screen play? It's their fault that he was given a (soft) unsportsmanlike conduct penalty? It's on the players and it's execution. (Not saying the coaching staff is good or anything).

Maybe they could have run Allen on the 1 but I didn't really think Allen was significantly better than Hall or anything today. Obviously, the results were better, but Hall was hit in the backfield a bunch and on Allen's few decent runs the o-line just did a better job.

There's been huge upsets nonstop these first four weeks. It's not like this is anything new.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
With our receivers?

I'm hoping we can offload Slayton to the Steelers.
I think the WR are okay. No running game or TE.

Want to hear something crazy? I think the Giants should use Neal at guard for running plays. Neal can't pass block or play tackle but he isn't bad on run blocking.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Rodgers is immobile? He was moving all around the pocket this and last week. Even had a designed rollout this week. This reads like a generic post about an old player. Mobility isn't Lamar Jackson or nothing. Until recent years almost all the QBs were relatively immobile. Brady and Manning just stood in the pocket and slid around to avoid pressure. They weren't out there putting up big runs. I haven't seen anything different from Rodgers.

The takes on this game are obviously going to be out of hand. It's all going to get blamed on the coaching staff which is the usual nonsense blame. "They had 10 days and this is the gameplan they came up with?" Well, yea, I don't think in their 10 days of preparations they were expecting that it would rain for almost the entire game. Same for the penalties. It's the coaches staffs fault that McDonald lined up offside twice? Like he doesn't know better? It's the coaching staff's fault that Lazard held on that screen play? It's their fault that he was given a (soft) unsportsmanlike conduct penalty? It's on the players and it's execution. (Not saying the coaching staff is good or anything).

Maybe they could have run Allen on the 1 but I didn't really think Allen was significantly better than Hall or anything today. Obviously, the results were better, but Hall was hit in the backfield a bunch and on Allen's few decent runs the o-line just did a better job.

There's been huge upsets nonstop these first four weeks. It's not like this is anything new.

You didn’t think a guy that had 10 carries for 4 yards was worse then Allen who falls forward and gets 3 yards?

Reactions: nyr2k2

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
You didn’t think a guy that had 10 carries for 4 yards was worse then Allen who falls forward and gets 3 yards?

Allen did not fall forward and get 3 yards. He had a few carries where the o-line blocked well for him. The blocking was bad all day. Allen in for Hall on the goal line likely would have made no difference

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Allen did not fall forward and get 3 yards. He had a few carries where the o-line blocked well for him. The blocking was bad all day. Allen in for Hall on the goal line likely would have made no difference

K, Breece was running in quick sand all day.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
K, Breece was running in quick sand all day.

They play the least important position regular in the sport. It's basically all the line. Hall had a bad game and had two stupid penalties and a drop. I don't think Allen's success had very much to do with him and was just more circumstance that the times he was in they happened to get better blocking.

• Haha

Brutananadilewski

Nov 6, 2021
Wherever the keg is!
I think the WR are okay. No running game or TE.

Want to hear something crazy? I think the Giants should use Neal at guard for running plays. Neal can't pass block or play tackle but he isn't bad on run blocking.

Oh, hell no!

They can't adjust for the life of them, are oblivious to where the marker is, can't routinely come down with the rock.

Then add in a QB like Jones...just...burn it down.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
They play the least important position regular in the sport. It's basically all the line. Hall had a bad game and had two stupid penalties and a drop. I don't think Allen's success had very much to do with him and was just more circumstance that the times he was in they happened to get better blocking.

It’s first and goal from the 1, bad line good line, why are they not using their big back?

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
It’s first and goal from the 1, bad line good line, why are they not using their big back?

Well, for one, Hall had a 1 yard TD run last week and a 3 yard TD run in W1 so it doesn't seem like he is incapable of succeeding in short yardage roles.

I think the better question to ask, if you want to get into coaching, is why are they putting a linebacker on the field at fullback?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad