OT: Football thread (2024 season)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
Oh no, Jayden Daniels is good. This is a terrible development.
How many times has the #2 QB been the better choice over the #1 QB taken? Thee are the QBs taken 1 and 2 over the last 25 drafts. I highlighted who I think has been better.

Couch vs McNabb
Luck
vs RG3
Winston vs Mariotta --> Mariotta was good until his injuries
Goff vs Wentz ---> Wentz was an all-pro before he got hurt. Goff is like Darnold
Lawrence v Wilson ---> No brainer but Lawrence is 0-8 in his last 8 starts - is he any good?
Young vs Stroud
Caleb vs Jayden

It's still early for the last 2 but so far this seems right.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
How many times has the #2 QB been the better choice over the #1 QB taken? Thee are the QBs taken 1 and 2 over the last 25 drafts. I highlighted who I think has been better.

Couch vs McNabb
Luck
vs RG3
Winston vs Mariotta --> Mariotta was good until his injuries
Goff vs Wentz ---> Wentz was an all-pro before he got hurt. Goff is like Darnold
Lawrence v Wilson ---> No brainer but Lawrence is 0-8 in his last 8 starts - is he any good?
Young vs Stroud
Caleb vs Jayden

It's still early for the last 2 but so far this seems right.

No way Wentz was better than Goff. He had one good season and the team won the Super Bowl with his backup putting up big numbers.

trueblue30nyr

Jan 31, 2011
Manhattan
Giants vs Cowboys tonight but its on Prime. I picked a bad time not to have Prime :(

You don't need to go whole hog Prime. I gave up my Prime membership because it was too expensive for what little it was giving me. Since I was mostly just watching movies, I instead subscribed to just Prime Video for $8.99 a month. That allowed me to watch the Jets last week, though since I'm in NYC, it was still on locally.

Reactions: NickyFotiu

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
You don't need to go whole hog Prime. I gave up my Prime membership because it was too expensive for what little it was giving me. Since I was mostly just watching movies, I instead subscribed to just Prime Video for $8.99 a month. That allowed me to watch the Jets last week, though since I'm in NYC, it was still on locally.
Thanks. I did not know that. Ill look in to it.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
The facemask call is one of the more baffling calls I have ever seen lol
I wish they replayed it on a screen so the NYG fans and coaches would have started screaming. One of the worse calls I have ever seen and they even discussed it. Refs are humans that make mistakes but that was nuts.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Jones not being able to throw a ball more than 10 yards is brutal, Giants probably should have won that game. Defense was good, hopefully Nabers is okay, he's a joy to watch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad