Foley to donate his brain for CTE research

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
There are a bunch of guys who've done the same in the past couple of weeks. Kevin Nash, Jeff Hardy, Lance Storm, RVD, among others.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
It only seems weird because even to this day he's still so smart and quick-witted, but you know he had to have dozens and dozens of concussions

Good on Foley, I hope he ends up not having any major damage that affects his later life, but if he does this will only help the scientific community learn more about these degenerative disorders

One of my favorite wrestlers ever and he has always seemed like a genuinely good person, love ya Mick

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
This guys has had to have suffered more concussions than years I've lived. I'm 29 now.

It's amazing the great shape he still seems to be in to this day...worth studying for that alone.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Good for Foley. i wish more athletes could be this responsible and help the new generation live healthier, stronger lives.

I hope he lives a long and fulfilling life, and when he passes I'm sure science will learn a lot from him .

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
Whats with everyone suddenly announcing this? Ever since (kevin nash?) announced doing something like this, people have been saying they will also left and right.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Whats with everyone suddenly announcing this? Ever since (kevin nash?) announced doing something like this, people have been saying they will also left and right.

A lot of contact sport athletes do this now. They know what is happening to them and don't want future athletes to go through the same thing.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Foley would probably try to do it right now and the doctors would have to tell him "No, mr Foley, put the saw down, we'll use the brain after your death!"

The Shockmaster

SHOCK THE WORLD
Jul 30, 2010
Wish I was a little more famous. My brain has been through some tremendous trama (10 concussions, 3 severe) and I have tons of problems that I deal with daily. I'd be more than happy to put my name on this list for research.

You don't need to be famous to donate your brain for research, I'm sure there are tons of organizations that are willing to accept brains from athletes.

And you're famous to us bro <3

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Wish I was a little more famous. My brain has been through some tremendous trama (10 concussions, 3 severe) and I have tons of problems that I deal with daily. I'd be more than happy to put my name on this list for research.

You don't have to be famous for this.

I assume it'd be similar to donating your organs when you're dead. I'm on that list. I assume there's a way to donate your brain for research as well when you're dead.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I wanted to donate my body to a body farm, so I can decompose for science, but there isn't one in the UK (or the rest of Europe) so I can't. So instead I've signed up give it to medical training.

There isn't anything wrong with me so there's nothing interesting to look at (yet...), but if something comes up I'll donate to that if I can. But hopefully they make a body farm here 'cos that's a far more fun thing to do lol.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
If I can figure out exactly how and where to go to sign up to donate my brain for research when I die, I'll do it. I haven't had nearly as many concussions as Shawn has had (at least, not that I know of) but I've taken so many knocks to the head and already have a really bad memory. That, with the recent report I read suggesting more constant hits to the head even without getting a concussion is worse, makes me really want to donate my brain.

The rest of my organs can go to people who need 'em (if they can be of use) but the brain can go to research lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad