Confirmed with Link: Flyers To Buyout Remainder Of Cam Atkinson's Contract

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
Good to see the Flyers put the team first. Potential free agents look at this move and they are saying to themselves definitely a place I want to play.

Reactions: BernieParent

BritainStix

Oct 20, 2016
You know what, f*** you Atkinson you douchebag.

This team allowed your rotting corpse to play all year with great teammates to get you going, and you repay the organization by refusing a trade, a NTC we didn't give you.

He could have basically called it quits and sat on LTIR all year. No ones gonna sign him, so he's just lost out on 1/3rd of his salary.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com

This team allowed your rotting corpse to play all year with great teammates to get you going, and you repay the organization by refusing a trade, a NTC we didn't give you.

He could have basically called it quits and sat on LTIR all year. No ones gonna sign him, so he's just lost out on 1/3rd of his salary.

I get it... I mean, he earned the NTC, Fletcher traded for him, and his whole family, his wifes family etc are all on the East Coast... and at this stage in career does not want to shift whole family 3000 miles away to finish bottom 5 in the NHL. Especially with three young children.

As much as if I was an NHL player I would quite like to play in California, well, totally understand the circumstances.

Fletcher is the one and only problem here tbh. Trading for a guy with an NTC who was 32, who was a worse player, with a longer deal (FIVE YEARS LEFT, taking him to age 37), and an archetype that does not age well...

mr figgles

Mar 24, 2012
Good to see the Flyers put the team first. Potential free agents look at this move and they are saying to themselves definitely a place I want to play.

“They’ll overpay you for years past your expiration date, give you a NMC so you can block any attempt to be moved, buy you out to find another sucker organization to sign your broken down ass, then bring you back for a cushy gig coaching PP coach Rocky Thompson on how to coach a PP. 10/10 organization. Would play for again.”

mr figgles

Mar 24, 2012

Can’t go on LTIR. He isn’t injured. He just sucks.

Reactions: GapToothedWonder

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012
Just another added to the heap of dead cap space
Danny doing a great job isn't he....not impressed at all... happens when you continue to get ex players to run a business.... no understanding of how to negotiate.... Just say no to Danny/Jones they end up buying you out so you get free money or trade you where you want to go..... what a great job boys!!! your awesome .... we the fans suffer because of your ineptitude.... thought all this pain was to clean up 2025....

Can’t go on LTIR. He isn’t injured. He just sucks.
Why not the Leafs do it all the time!!!!!!!! I guess our management team doesnt understand how to manipulate the rules....once again great job

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

mr figgles

Mar 24, 2012
Disparaging a player for exercising their rights is so delusional.

Yeah. If you don’t want to deal with it, don’t give out the clauses or trade for players that have them.

Just another reminder to not sign players in their late 20s to these long deals with these clauses, especially when they don’t fit the timeline of the rest of the team.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Yeah. If you don’t want to deal with it, don’t give out the clauses or trade for players that have them.

Just another reminder to not sign players in their late 20s to these long deals with these clauses, especially when they don’t fit the timeline of the rest of the team.

Tbh if you sign any player past the age of 34 who is not a ~75+ point forward or a top pairing defenseman?

It is always going to end badly and you should move on from them instead.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
One thing to point out is that Briere inherited a lot of this trash. Now, has he reduced the waste in ways I would have hoped, no but that doesn’t mean he tried. Limited clauses and atkinsons declines are two big factors that reduced his value.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com

Lets be honest too... most likely if Jake did not get multiple concussions after leaving Flyers?

He would probably still be a 50-60 point 2nd liner...

Atkinson is a prime example as why a solid GM does not allow coaches to make personnel decisions. Two mistakes here'd. One, allowing AV to run Jake out of town. Two, allowing Torts to influence keeping Cam here. Should have dumped him on LTIR two seasons ago and not allowed him off of it. No one can tell me that he was healthy last season. He got ice time because he was one of Torts' boys.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Atkinson is a prime example as why a solid GM does not allow coaches to make personnel decisions. Two mistakes here'd. One, allowing AV to run Jake out of town. Two, allowing Torts to influence keeping Cam here. Should have dumped him on LTIR two seasons ago and not allowed him off of it. No one can tell me that he was healthy last season. He got ice time because he was one of Torts' boys.

Letting AV runn Ghost and Jake out of town... after running down their value so the Flyers lost a LOT of value moving them... and then being fired 6 months later.

LMFAO. Peak Fletcher.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad