Roster Moves: Flyers Management

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cable

Feb 13, 2010
Hello,

To begin with, I’ve been an Philadelphia Flyers fan ever since I started watching hockey. But, it’s getting harder to cheer for them when they’re not putting in the dedication and hard-work on the ice.

Now, I’m not the complaining type and have always given the organization the benefit of the doubt when it comes to deals, moves and trades. It’s not my dime, so who am I to judge. However, like most of you, I believe changes needed to be made to our coaching staff. At the same time, I didn’t feel that way about our GM. I think Hextall has done an outstanding job ever since taking over for Holmgren. In fact, since Lindros played for us, this was the most excited I’ve been for our future in years — just wish the current roster would be more competitive. Where is the passion?

Unfortunately, with the recent firing of Hextall and hiring of Fletcher, and then hearing the conversations from our current leaders, I don’t feel as confident about our future as I did a few weeks back. Chuck Fletcher doesn’t scream awesome GM!!!

My question: Based on his previous experience as GM and Assistant GM what might Fletcher be able to do without screwing up the amazing job Hextall has done acquiring the talented prospects we currently have to give me some faith he’ll be fine?

Reactions: Darover75 and Jtown

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Hello,

To begin with, I’ve been an Philadelphia Flyers fan ever since I started watching hockey. But, it’s getting harder to cheer for them when they’re not putting in the dedication and hard-work on the ice.

Now, I’m not the complaining type and have always given the organization the benefit of the doubt when it comes to deals, moves and trades. It’s not my dime, so who am I to judge. However, like most of you, I believe changes needed to be made to our coaching staff. At the same time, I didn’t feel that way about our GM. I think Hextall has done an outstanding job ever since taking over for Holmgren. In fact, since Lindros played for us, this was the most excited I’ve been for our future in years — just wish the current roster would be more competitive. Where is the passion?

Unfortunately, with the recent firing of Hextall and hiring of Chuck Fletcher, and then hearing the conversations from our current leaders in the organization recently, I don’t feel as confident about our future as I did a few weeks back. Chuck Fletcher doesn’t scream awesome GM!!!

My question: Based on his previous experience as GM and Assistant GM what might Fletcher be able to do without screwing up the amazing job Hextall has done acquiring the talented prospects we have to give me some faith he’ll be fine?

Welcome Back. I have no faith based on Fletcher's past that he is capable of not screwing up the position Hextall has put us in. That being said NO GM that i can think of in recent history has walked into a siutation Fletcher has found himself in. He said all the right things in the press conference such as building through the draft, and managing the cap. There will need to be big decisions made eventually one way or another and i just don't know if Fletcher is the type of guy is going to be able to come out on top of those decisions.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
The only positive with Fletcher is he seems to have analyzed his past moves and hopefully learned from his mistakes.
And if he has, he learned that trying too hard to win now can mean you win never.
He's hinted that he has no interest in trading top prospects unless someone makes "an offer he can't refuse."

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad