Rumor: Flyers Made Pitch to Columbus for 4th Overall

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I’d smash things if the Flyers moved three first rounders + a roster player for Lindstrom.

Unless I misheard, Friedman only mentions the two late picks, not a roster player.

And frankly you don't have a player not named Konecny that really changes things for Columbus, so I'm not happy with the offer either way.

Reactions: Xoggz22 and Viqsi

ponder719

M-M-M-Matvei and the Jett
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I'm not particularly interested in trying to hammer out specifics, since I'm roping in an entire other fanbase to piss off with this, but I wonder if Danny has it in him to make this a three-way deal where the Flyers end up at #4, Columbus at #7, and Ottawa at #12? The pickings at #7 would still be quite good for CBJ, and Ottawa's a little closer to trying to make the playoffs, and as such might be more interested in our roster players.

Reactions: Toe Pick

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
This is the tweet I was referencing @majormajor.

It’s too much in the spot we are at in the stage of our team.

I also wouldn’t want TK involved at all, then again I firmly believe he should have been named captain.

Yes and I'm telling you that I didn't hear Friedman mention a player as part of the proposal. Only the 12 and the two late 1sts. I think Scheig might have been conflating two different discussions about a possible trade return.

Reactions: CBJx614

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Would be an incredibly stupid trade for Columbus. Theyve been collecting picks for a few years now and have no shortage of prospects in the system so take the best odds and draft the guy at the top you like the most. Late picks or some middle of the lineup roster player should not even move the needle I would hope

Lolonegoal

Jan 25, 2012
Glad they said no. The difference between a player drafted at 4 and 12 isnt worth a roster player and another 1st too me.
That completely depends on the draft and players in question. Like let's use previous drafts to compare the trade:

Makar -for- Necas, 1st, and roster player

B. Thachuk for Dobson, 1st, and roster player

Byram for Boldy, 1st, and roster player

Raymond for Lundell, 1st, and roster player

L.Hughes for Sillinger, 1st, and roster player

Pulljarvi for McLeod, 1st, and roster player

Marner for Gurianov, 1st, and roster player

Bennett for Perlini, 1st, and roster player

Seth Jones for Domi, 1st, and roster player

G. Reinhart for Grigorenko, 1st, and roster player

Larsson for A. Murphy, 1st, and roster player

R. Johansen for Fowler, 1st, and roster player

E. Kane for De Haan, 1st, and roster player

Pietrangelo for T. Myers, 1st, and roster player

Seems like it's actually almost always the better bet to bank on the higher drafted player. But I guess it depends on if you're giving anything significant up with the roster player.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
I don't think there is something here that makes sense for either team. Based on where CBJ is in their rebuild, I don't think they need to continue to stockpile picks unless they are 2026 or later. They have a top 3 prospect pool and one of the youngest rosters in the NHL. Unless those picks are flipped for immediate help (and I don't know that late future 1st round picks do you much there), this just doesn't seem like a direction the CBJ should go. Take Lindstrom and have a top 2 of Fantilli and Lindstrom for the next decade (I am assuming they work out :)). That's a pretty deadly (potentially) 1-2 punch up the middle with Sillinger or Voronkov or Del Bel Belluz or Brindley as your 3rd and 4th line centers. Size, skill, speed, snarl... Would be something the likes Columbus has never seen in their history.

I really hope the move is not made to drop from 4 and based on the "experts" that puts a high likelihood of Lindstrom to CBJ. Make it so!

Reactions: Viqsi

CBJx614

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2012
C-137
Just kind of wait and see at this point. I don’t really think Briere is going to stop. He wants to move up. It’s pretty evident.
Well they might also realize that if it's Demidov he wants, they might be knocking on the wrong door if we're taking Lindstrom.

Reactions: SnS

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad