Rumor: Flyers Made Pitch to Columbus for 4th Overall

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mr Kot

Jan 15, 2022
1656209806706.jpg

ponder719

M-M-M-Matvei and the Jett
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
A few details I'd love to know: Which '25 #1? Which roster player? (My best guess is that it was either the Flyers #1 and Atkinson or the Colorado #1 and Farabee.) Was Waddell's no more along the lines of "we're definitely using the pick" or was it "that's not a sufficient offer"?

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Not much difference for me in my top 12 names for this draft between #2-12.

I'd do it if I were Columbus, of course the roster player needs to be decent.

BuiumSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
They want Demidov bad. Funny enough, was just wondering if 13 + 45 + next years first could get MN to 4. Guess not.

I think we’d have to get into the top 10, then and another first

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I legit don't know of any roster player on the Flyers that would make that acceptable to the Jackets. The chief need here is a #3 or higher shutdown defenseman, and the Flyers just don't have that. Any bonus picks are just noise; we don't have the time to let them develop without causing our existing prospects to stagnate and fail.

Reactions: Xoggz22 and CBJx614

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
A few details I'd love to know: Which '25 #1? Which roster player? (My best guess is that it was either the Flyers #1 and Atkinson or the Colorado #1 and Farabee.) Was Waddell's no more along the lines of "we're definitely using the pick" or was it "that's not a sufficient offer"?
The fact that you're even mentioning Atkinson indicates it's the latter.

Reactions: Beukeboom Fan

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
They want Demidov bad. Funny enough, was just wondering if 13 + 45 + next years first could get MN to 4. Guess not.

I think we’d have to get into the top 10, then and another first
Curious if they know Demidov is going to be available at #4. I forget which GM said it (UTA?) some GMs leak their pick out so their fans don't get too surprised with their picks so sometimes it's clear who is picking whom at where.

And if Demidov is there at #4, does this mean CLB is stating "No, he's our player" here? CLB is collecting quite a collection of Russians afterall. Perhaps they think they can make a modern day version of the Russian 5? :D

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
And if Demidov is there at #4, does this mean CLB is stating "No, he's our player" here? CLB is collecting quite a collection of Russians afterall. Perhaps they think they can make a modern day version of the Russian 5? :D
We don't have enough Russian defensemen to pull that off. We've done something kind of like it, tho, with the Siberian line plus Provorov on the ice and Tarasov in net.

OTOH, Provorov isn't expected to stay past this year; he's basically keeping a seat warm for Mateychuk.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad