Confirmed with Link: Flyers Great Ryan Johansen Placed On Waivers For Purpose Of Terminating Contract Due To "Material Breach" (NHLPA Files Grievance 9/26)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
so what does this do to the teams cap. is that money counted against until its settled ?

ps i thought they had already filed tbh
He’s off the cap for now, but a settlement would put him back on it, so they will need to be cognizant of that. They’d probably be five if they only take half if it.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Since Nashville is on the hook for half of his deal, has anyone heard how they feel about all of this? I’m positive Trotz would have his two cents in on this situation.
Haven’t heard anything. He is off their cap too but they don’t have a seat at the table.

ponder719

M-M-M-Matvei and the Jett
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Since Nashville is on the hook for half of his deal, has anyone heard how they feel about all of this? I’m positive Trotz would have his two cents in on this situation.

Nothing concrete, other than a statement from them early in the process (not sure if it was official or OTR) that they were operating as though nothing was changing until and unless the matter was finalized, but I expect they're quietly rooting for the Flyers to be successful, while not getting their hopes up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad