Confirmed with Link: Flyers claim Patrick Brown (ex of Vegas)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Domino666

“20 years away”
Aug 18, 2011
They did it!!! They saved the season!!!!!

Just kidding more of the same, get some bitches

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Dude has had a weird career because he hasn’t been a regular but he’s been in around some playoff runs.

hopefully he gets a different number so I don’t get Derek Grant PTSD

Still rather Brown than Wilson or Cates, although Wilson didn’t seem to have bad numbers.

Reactions: macleish1974

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
So...why make that move in the first place? I've read lots of paragraphs about tallest midgets and now all of a sudden it is a satisfactory move? Why? There's really nothing else this orgs depth can offer for several games that we have to pick up a guy whose best defense is "well they did dress him twice"? What's the urgency for such nothing move?

Guy dressed for single digit/slightly in the double digit number of games and all of a sudden it's a sign he can be capable of stepping in in time of need?

I'm not saying Fletcher sent us to the depths of hell or that he missed on some obvious gem. It's just a capital letters WHY BOTHER pick up.

We looked at everyone in the organization in training camp? Who looked ready to contribute right now at forward?
If Brown can dress for Vegas in the playoffs, he's probably better than anyone at LHV at this point in time.
Maybe come January Foerster will take a step up, Ratcliffe will discover his mojo, Sushko learns how to play, or Rubtsov remembers what got him drafted.

It's an upgrade from Wilson. So it's good.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Who broke your brain to the point where claiming a depth forward upsets you?

BKNG2WLRHFHFNM7Y3TFDVGMSOY.jpg

J3AOOL2O2RBWRGTCLQ4F2NTEMY.jpg

cut.jpg

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Who broke your brain to the point where claiming a depth forward upsets you?

If it were just A depth forward it wouldn't be an issue. Unfortunately, we have 7 of them now. That's the part that 'broke' me. Or more realistically, that's the part you're missing and/or putting your head in the sand about.

But hey, if you want to pretend that these things don't matter individually or collectively, do you.

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
If it were just A depth forward it wouldn't be an issue. Unfortunately, we have 7 of them now. That's the part that 'broke' me. Or more realistically, that's the part you're missing and/or putting your head in the sand about.

But hey, if you want to pretend that these things don't matter individually or collectively, do you.

We have a depth forward slated to be 2C currently. They're not going to be able to score. Or just heavily rely on special teams or one line.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
We have a depth forward slated to be 2C currently. They're not going to be able to score. Or just heavily rely on special teams or one line.

Bingo. Maybe if we didn't dedicated our 44th through 50th contracts to players who shouldn't be here, we could find someone who can actually fill a useful, productive role.

But nahhh, let's just give the coach all his favorite pets and load up on AHL caliber folks to put on the NHL roster so we can put...pur best F prospect in the AHL to work on NHL timing..?

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I'd have liked to take anyone with even a tiny scrap of upside. No matter how faint. Nah, can't have that. That's too forward-thinking for this team to embrace concepts that were readily apparent 15 years ago. Really radical stuff well beyond the imagination of Flyers management.

Tampa Bay is out here waiving players that would walk onto our NHL roster while we're collecting players who should be on tryouts for the Phantoms. 700-D chess.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad