Flyers 2017 Training Camp Discussion Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex91

Sep 12, 2014
Man Hak doesn't seem to be screwing around. Really excited for preseason this year.

KrazyKat

May 27, 2013
Vancouver
Seems as if the rookies are placed nicely. Definitely will get a good look.
Looking forward , it will be interesting to see who makes the team. Anything can happen this time around. Love it!

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
I believe it's on Sunday at 1 o'clock venue is Nassau veterans memorial coliseum Long Island NY.

I don't know if there's gonna be any TV or radio coverage of the game in the Philadelphia area.

Is it gonna be one of those games with mostly Ahl squads?

KrazyKat

May 27, 2013
Vancouver
I wouldn't mind stacking the top lines. Don't care about age. A rookie line would be FAST.

Voracek-G-Simmonds
Lindblom-Patrick-Konecny
Weal-Couturier-Fillpula
Raffl--Laughton-Lehtera

Alex91

Sep 12, 2014
I wouldn't mind stacking the top lines. Don't care about age. A rookie line would be FAST.

Voracek-G-Simmonds
Lindblom-Patrick-Konecny
Weal-Couturier-Fillpula
Raffl--Laughton-Lehtera

I don't trust Hak enough to give that 2nd line the minutes they deserve. Putting two rookies with G will at least give them a fair chance to prove their worth

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Meltzer posted an image of Group 2:

Weise-Couturier-Voracek
Weal-Patrick-Simmonds
Raffl-Laughton-Read
Bunnaman-Varone-Vecchione
Twarnyski/Goulbourne-Fazleev-Martel

Hagg-Ghost
Brennan-Gudas
Manning-Myers
Hora-Wilcox
DeHaas

Lindblom - Giroux - Konency
Weise-Couturier-Voracek
Weal-Patrick-Simmonds

These could easily be the top three lines, though I might flip Simmonds and Konency
Weise would be a good counterbalance to Voracek on the Couts line

Raffl-Laughton-Read
Lehtera, Filppula
fight it out on the 4th line

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Lehtera -- Filppula -- Bardreau

Tony Androckitis tweeted that Bardreau took NAK's spot on that line because he's still sick.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I believe it's on Sunday at 1 o'clock venue is Nassau veterans memorial coliseum Long Island NY.

I don't know if there's gonna be any TV or radio coverage of the game in the Philadelphia area.

I believe the guys announcing the rookie game said there will be flyers radio coverage. Not sure about TV. I doubt it.

Glad we aren't messing around. With so many faces it makes sense to start building chemistry and figuring out who works well. Trying to avoid another slow start too. Not to mention Hak has to know this is rubber season.

Alex91

Sep 12, 2014
Lindblom - Giroux - Konency
Weise-Couturier-Voracek
Weal-Patrick-Simmonds

These could easily be the top three lines, though I might flip Simmonds and Konency
Weise would be a good counterbalance to Voracek on the Couts line

Raffl-Laughton-Read
Lehtera, Filppula
fight it out on the 4th line

Raffl and Flippula should be guaranteed a starting day position. I know they exposed Raffl, but if healthy, he fits a need as a defensive minded winger who can PK and move up and down, esp if nursing a lead

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Judging by G's interview, Oscar on his LW sure seems like it may be a thing. Hope the kid blows the doors off camp.

Between Development Camp and early in Rookie/Training Camp, Oskar seems to be playing like a pro/vet. Charlie said he's not doing anything super crazy, but in the right place at the right time. Strong on skates, winning board battles. Basically stuff you need to do well in the NHL to survive.

Bodes well.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
That's #14 and #15 from the Skater polls who are sick at training camp.

But lucky #13 Mark Friedman is doing great.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Those top 9 lines are pretty great on paper. Giroux with the young guns to give him a kick in the ass with their energy and skill. That's a good mix.

Couturier-Voracek is the best combo on the team. Don't care about Weise, but if he can at least be a competent play-driving 3rd wheel, it's not much different than the tried and true Raffl-Coots-Jake line (though I'd prefer that). A corpse could play LW next to them. Given how the 4th and 5th lines are broken up, and you know Flip will be in the top 9/12, Weise might not stay there.....but this isn't haphazard. Signing a guy for 4 years and then watching him shoot 25% the last 2 weeks will make your confirmation bias read into ****.

Weal-Patrick-Simmonds has a bit of everything and could drive play too.

I mean, hell, if Lehtera and Flip got lost in the Upside Down or something and the 4th line was Raffl-Laughton-Read, that's pretty optimal too.

I don't really have a good feeling about Laberge these days.

Myers has a long injury history, but I don't worry about him on the ice. Laberge worries me on the ice. Saw the same stuff in the prospects game that he did all last season.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
Between Development Camp and early in Rookie/Training Camp, Oskar seems to be playing like a pro/vet. Charlie said he's not doing anything super crazy, but in the right place at the right time. Strong on skates, winning board battles. Basically stuff you need to do well in the NHL to survive.

Bodes well.

That's been Lindblom's game all along and him doing the little things right makes me pretty sure he is making the big club.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Myers has a long injury history, but I don't worry about him on the ice. Laberge worries me on the ice. Saw the same stuff in the prospects game that he did all last season.

Yeah if it was just injuries but he was still playing well when healthy I wouldn't care. The injuries just add more concern to a bigger problem which you alluded to. He's just not getting it done consistently on the ice which has always been a knock on him.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013

jd2210

Registered Non User
Jul 24, 2009
Great White North
So really seems like the potential NHL guys kept together at Fwd... even on 1st day:

Lindblom -- Giroux -- Konecny
Weise -- Couts -- Voracek
Weal -- Patrick -- Simmonds
Raffl -- Laughton -- Read
Lehtera -- Filppula -- Bardreau

I know that day one means nothing BUT, if we open with the top three lines and blend the best of the 4th and 5th line I'd be happy. Weise shouldn't be anywhere near the top 9 IMO unless he is with Couts. Those first and third lines excite me.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
He is the long track of making it even if he does. With him already signed, he has 4 years really to turn things around. It's on him to do it.

In the meantime, keep getting picks and keep drafting in quantity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad