News Article: FLUTO: Without Patrice Bergeron, Bruins’ lines are a mess

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
The good news is

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/b...rgeron-back/Awb2va9Y5fLePy19YYfMFJ/story.html

“We’ve got a lot of new faces in our lineup,†coach Claude Julien said after Monday’s 4-1 win over the Jets. “It’s probably not a bad way to start on the road and take some pressure away.

“But also, anytime you can come off a road trip with a winning record, it’s a successful one. I like the way our guys competed tonight. We didn’t have a very good game in Toronto. But the way we competed tonight and bounced back was actually nice to see our club react that way.â€

Three games without Bergeron, however, were three too many for the Bruins. They suffered without their best player, missing the way he touches the game on multiple fronts.

“Everywhere. Everywhere,†Julien said before the Winnipeg game when asked where he missed Bergeron the most. “He’s a leader. He’s the best two-way centerman, I think, in the league. He can score some big goals. He can certainly shut down top players.

“We miss him. But at the same time, this is a great test for our hockey club to show that we have guys that can come in and help us out. As a group, we can certainly overcome those things.

“We’ve got three veterans right now that are on the injured list. That’s part of hockey. It’s going to happen at any time. We have to show we’re ready to fight through hose situations and continue to have success.â€

Last edited:

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
The whole thing this year will be finding out where Backes fits best, and that won't be able to happen until Bergeron is back. I'm still hoping they shelter Krejci and give Bergeron/Marchand more of an offensive role once everyone gets back healthy. Use Backes like St. Louis used him.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Am I the only one that found today's practice lines (with Bergeron back) a little odd? Or did I miss some explanation given by Clode or the B's?

Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
Heinen-Krejci-Backes
Beleskey-Czarnik/Nash-Hayes
Spooner/Schaller-Moore-Acciari

Spooner on the 4th line?

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Am I the only one that found today's practice lines (with Bergeron back) a little odd? Or did I miss some explanation given by Clode or the B's?

Heinen-Krejci-Backes

Spooner on the 4th line?

Spooner will end up replacing Heinen game time. That's my guess

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

Heinen-Krejci-Backes

Spooner on the 4th line?

So if Bergeron is ready to go, Czarnik and Spooner the healthy scratches?

Claude. :shakehead

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
I think spooners getting a night on 9 against nj as a message from Claude to play wing better

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Claude on Spooner.

With Bergeron back, David Backes dropped down to the second line with David Krejci and Danton Heinen, while center-turned-winger Ryan Spooner took shifts on the fourth line with Noel Acciari, Dom Moore, and Tim Schaller.

“I think Spoons has looked fine,†Julien said of Spooner, who has one assist and seven shots in three games played, and his effectiveness on the wing after a move down two lines for practice. “He’s played [center and wing] at times, so I don’t think it’s been an issue.â€

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Claude on Spooner.

With Bergeron back, David Backes dropped down to the second line with David Krejci and Danton Heinen, while center-turned-winger Ryan Spooner took shifts on the fourth line with Noel Acciari, Dom Moore, and Tim Schaller.

“I think Spoons has looked fine,†Julien said of Spooner, who has one assist and seven shots in three games played, and his effectiveness on the wing after a move down two lines for practice. “He’s played [center and wing] at times, so I don’t think it’s been an issue.â€

Any quotes on how fine Hayes has looked thus far?

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Any quotes on how fine Hayes has looked thus far?

I can't find the quote again but Claude said something along the lines about how impressed he was Hayes now 19 game pointless streak. Said it takes a special talent to accomplish such a feat with PP time to boot. :sarcasm:

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012

Heinen-Krejci-Backes

Spooner on the 4th line?

Spooner has sucked balls. 4th line has been pretty good. I'd put Ryan in the pressbox before I broke up the Schaller-Moore-Acciari line that was really good last night. 3rd line with Hayes is going to suck no matter what I don't want Spooner ruining a good 4th line.

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA

Heinen-Krejci-Backes

Spooner on the 4th line?
The D pairs were a bit different, too.

Chara - Carlo
Liles - C. Miller
Morrow - Krug
O'Gara - McQuaid

If McQuaid is back, I wonder which two get scratched?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad