Value of: Florida UFA's

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Now that Florida has won the cup how much a Boost does that give to the market value of the likes of Reinhart, or Montour, or OEL, or even an energy guy like Lomberg?

You know having a championship will have an impact on their bank account, how much more do you think they get?

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
They are 7/5/2 with about $19.5M in space.

At D they need a RD-- montour resign?
Lindell is an RFA
Reinhart is a UFA -- how much?

2 yrs left on Bob at $10M

If they could sign those 3 for 14.5M they would be 9/6/2 with $5M in space so sign/ promote 4F and 1 D for that.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010

Lindell is an RFA

If they could sign those 3 for 14.5M they would be 9/6/2 with $5M in space so sign/ promote 4F and 1 D for that.

I think they sign Reinhart and let Montour walk.

Reinhart feels more important

lanceuppercut75

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto area
They sign Lundell, obviously, an RFA, and Reinhart. Montour walks and they replace his PP presence with Deangelo or Schultz. Whether the new guy plays 2nd or 3rd pair RD, I don't know. It's going to be tricky to build a decent D with that budget.

Forsling - Ekblad
Mikkola - DeAngelo/Schultz
(OEL Kulikov are both UFA, need to build 3rd pair with cheap UFAs)
Balinskis

I saw something about Balinskis... maybe he's signed for a 1 way deal or something? Ideally for Florida, he's ready to be a 3rd pair guy and they can sign a league minimum 7D instead of a 3rd pairing guy.

Florida is hitting that point where their cap crunch is getting bigger and they're low on picks and prospects. Good drafting and smart GM moves can extend their window. Bad drafting and silly GM moves will close it relatively quickly.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
They likely don’t care much about the 10 to 14 F but they may be cheap still

Reinhart and Montaur are the big ones obviously
I bet 1 stays

OEL may get more money elsewhere

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
They sign Lundell, obviously, an RFA, and Reinhart. Montour walks and they replace his PP presence with Deangelo or Schultz. Whether the new guy plays 2nd or 3rd pair RD, I don't know. It's going to be tricky to build a decent D with that budget.

Forsling - Ekblad
Mikkola - DeAngelo/Schultz
(OEL Kulikov are both UFA, need to build 3rd pair with cheap UFAs)
Balinskis

I saw something about Balinskis... maybe he's signed for a 1 way deal or something? Ideally for Florida, he's ready to be a 3rd pair guy and they can sign a league minimum 7D instead of a 3rd pairing guy.

Florida is hitting that point where their cap crunch is getting bigger and they're low on picks and prospects. Good drafting and smart GM moves can extend their window. Bad drafting and silly GM moves will close it relatively quickly.
There is a reason DeAngelo has been a member of so many organizations during his brief career and it is not for his goals and assists on the ice.
Florida has just won the Stanley Cup for the first time in franchise history and certainly does not want to add a "problem child" like DeAngelo to their locker room.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
14 players signed with $19.5M in cap space. 9 players to sign to get to 23 man roster. 8 if they want to be tight and go with a 22 man roster.

Reinhart will get paid. Because it's Florida and no state tax, I'm going to say $9M for 8 years. Takes him to age 36. This is not some slam dunk signing and it does overlap those middle 30 years which can be tricky to guess on decline. Of course he will be good for the next 3+ years but 5+ can hurt. Hard to guess on this but they will sign him IMO.

Lundell should be bridged. Not sure what that looks like. 2x $4.75M?

Montour might be the one they let walk but he will be a big loss. After Lundell and Reinhart, they need to sign 7 guys with $6M in cap. If they move Knight for futures, that frees up $4.5M and can be replaced with a $1.5M goalie. So then it's 7 guys to sign with $9M in cap.

Panthers have a good top end core. They need to hit with their picks because depth is going to be a challenge moving forward.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Think we bring back Reino, Lomberg, Stenlund (if price is right, he’s incredible defensively), Lundel, OEL if he wants to sign at a low cost and we see Monty, Kuli and some others walk.

Can see an Ekblad trade as well, but we’ll see.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
14 players signed with $19.5M in cap space. 9 players to sign to get to 23 man roster. 8 if they want to be tight and go with a 22 man roster.

Reinhart will get paid. Because it's Florida and no state tax, I'm going to say $9M for 8 years. Takes him to age 36. This is not some slam dunk signing and it does overlap those middle 30 years which can be tricky to guess on decline. Of course he will be good for the next 3+ years but 5+ can hurt. Hard to guess on this but they will sign him IMO.

Lundell should be bridged. Not sure what that looks like. 2x $4.75M?

Montour might be the one they let walk but he will be a big loss. After Lundell and Reinhart, they need to sign 7 guys with $6M in cap. If they move Knight for futures, that frees up $4.5M and can be replaced with a $1.5M goalie. So then it's 7 guys to sign with $9M in cap.

Panthers have a good top end core. They need to hit with their picks because depth is going to be a challenge moving forward.

They don't really have picks, they don't care about that because they just are pretty empty when it comes to picks

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
I think you have to keep Reinhart unless he pulls a Marner and asks for something like 11+, you try to get him for 9.5.

Montour is trickier, and you try but if one goes it’s likely him. He’ll have his suitors.

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017

Lindell is an RFA

Problem is it should take more like $20M to sign those 3, right?

So one of Reinhart or Montour probably has to walk. With the late Cup final this year, it must be really jarring for the players to come off that high, then immediately have to be thinking about where they're going. Next week half that team is gone! :oops:

Evergreen

I could see the Leafs being highly interested in Montour. They are badly in need of a guy that can shoot the puck on their PP. He'll be offered more than the Panthers can afford to (or want to) pay him in FA.

I'd love to see a team tender Lundell an offer sheet. I could see my Flyers doing it. I just think he has some untapped upside. Probably won't happen though.

I think the Panthers try their best to re-sign Reinhart. I'd say it's 50/50.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Reinhart stays
Montour goes

Ekblad gets traded to bring back assets and much needed cap space. Zito can’t re-sign him

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
Can see an Ekblad trade as well, but we’ll see.
1719327783619.jpeg

Reactions: Dog

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
You most certainly try to move off Ekblad. He’s already slow and while he played serviceable minutes in this Cup run, he’s only going to be even more of a risk moving forward and what he provided can be replaced by somebody much cheaper.

He’s got a Cup and is a relatively big name so there’s bound to be some want-to-be-contender who will look to make a splash and can convince themselves they can swallow his $7.5 million for a year.

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010
Kinda hoping Buffalo goes after Lomberg. They’re really missing that type of player.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
I think they sign Reinhart and let Montour walk.

Reinhart feels more important
The issue is they need a RD with experience. If not montour then they sign someone for st most $5M

At the same time with Reinhart is hoe much money is too much? They could replace Reinhart with say Debrusk and resign Tarasenko for the same to sign Reinhart.

Other factors are would Bob waive NMC to go elsewhere?

You most certainly try to move off Ekblad. He’s already slow and while he played serviceable minutes in this Cup run, he’s only going to be even more of a risk moving forward and what he provided can be replaced by somebody much cheaper.

He’s got a Cup and is a relatively big name so there’s bound to be some want-to-be-contender who will look to make a splash and can convince themselves they can swallow his $7.5 million for a year.
Hr has 2 yr left

In theory they could retain him at $5M and get a young LD in return

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
The issue is they need a RD with experience. If not montour then they sign someone for st most $5M

At the same time with Reinhart is hoe much money is too much? They could replace Reinhart with say Debrusk and resign Tarasenko for the same to sign Reinhart.

Other factors are would Bob waive NMC to go elsewhere?

Hr has 2 yr left

In theory they could retain him at $5M and get a young LD in return
One year. Which will make it easier for the Panthers to trade him.

Aaron Ekblad Contract, Cap Hit, Salary and Stats - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad