Florida Panthers defeat the Edmonton Oilers 4-3, and are your 2024 Stanley Cup Champions!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

NotCommitted

Jul 4, 2013
Btw. I have no idea about the Oilers cap situation, contracts etc. but I could see them pulling a Panthers and being in the finals again next year. Got a bit similar vibes as with the Panthers last season - too many guys too far off 100% and maybe just not ready. Kudos to them for making a series out of it but losing 3 in a row to start it was just too much.

I'm sure all teams are banged up in the finals and none are feeling too great, but looking at Panthers, they sure seemed healthier than they did last year in the finals. Also back then it felt like they had to squeeze out everything they got to be there - even though they swept CAR :D I posted it somewhere after the Tampa series this season that the Panthers didn't seem nearly as intense as last season and almost gave the vibe they sort of cruised through the series and that they'd be very scary if that's indeed true and they have extra gear or two. Turns out they did, seemed like whenever it started to look like they are getting tested, they just stepped up and were never in trouble - at least before the finals, but even there they got back to their game and got the job done when their backs were against the wall.

Reactions: IdleTraveller

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
LUUUUUUUU

IMG_0306.jpeg

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
US fans are used to not having their pro sports team attached to you a country. It is more simply you hate my team and I hate yours.

It is cool for the rivalry, but I do not take much pride in the whole "Florida teams have been in the last 5 SCF.''

I hate TB.

If Boston Bruins where playing North Korea in a game I would probably root for North Korea.

I hate Boston and do not give a crap they in America.
I’d get a Kim Jong Un haircut and suit if the Bruins were playing North Korea.

Calendal

May 16, 2016
London, England
People up north keep telling you its bad because they are straw man losers who have always hated on S.Fla because out of the major cities our teams are not as old as the Boston, NY,DC, Chicago.
There are Edmonton writers on twitter now saying "The Cup would have more fun in Edmonton"

The cities themselves are not as old as the Stanley Cup. Miami was incorporated 3 years after the first cup was awarded.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
McDavid: 8 goals, 34 assists, 42 points, +12

Barkov: 8 goals, 14 assists, 22 points, -1

No way.
Yeah, because that’s the whole picture :rolleyes:

I’m fine with McDavid winning it, but Barkov's impact has always been far beyond the points he scores. He (and to a lesse degree, Forsling) shut down every superstar they faced these playoffs, including Kucherov, Panarin, Pastrňák and yes, even McDavid (who feasted against our other lines).

He was not the sexy pick - offence and points are always preferred in these awards - but Barkov would have been a worthy recipient as well.

Last edited:

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ

I’m fine with McDavid winning it, but Barkov's impact has always been far beyond the points he scores. He (and to a lesse degree, Forsling) shut down every superstar they faced these playoffs, including Kucherov, Panarin, Pastrňák and yes, even McDavid (who feasted against our other lines).

He was not the sexy pick - offence and points are always preferred in these awards - but Barkov would have been a worthy recipient as well.

Before game 7:

IMG_0035.jpeg

647Hockey

May 5, 2024

As you said, pts are always numero uno when it comes to trophies. Even for defencemen. A stud shut down d-man who gets 30 or 40 pts will have a hard time winning against a meh dman who gets 70 or more pts.

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
Fam, a true General is on the front lines fighting in the shade and limelight, not hiding behind the foot soldiers outside of arrow range in the locker room acting all depressed. He would be the one taking it on the chin and and focusing all the media attention on himself and less on everyone else. That is a true hero, like Matthew Tzuchuk.

This is ridiculous. Watch the feed again. McDavid congratulated every member of the Florida organization. Then he waited on the ice at the gate to pat every single Oiler on the back before retiring to the dressing room. THEN he took the very first media availability like a true leader.

Each and every one of your responses lack class, something you could also learn from McDavid.

Reactions: PuckG

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005

Thanks for the stats... Barkov played great. Also a worthy recipient. There are no "negative" cases against either guy, only "positive" cases for both. We all know McDavid carried his team to the finals and then to game 7, breaking records in the process. Barkov was the best player on a very deserving winning team that had a tonne of depth. Tilting the ice to ~even with McDavid on the ice is something very few can do.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad