Florida Panthers defeat the Edmonton Oilers 4-3, and are your 2024 Stanley Cup Champions!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
As I wrote something like months ago, McDavid would not have enough gas in the tank after facing JT Miller and the Canucks. And that was before I knew that they were going to be given so much rest between games that the championship became as much a mockery as when Tampa first hoisted it in the covid summer league joke a thon.

Tocchet took the Adams, the Canucks will continue to improve, while we have hit peak oil and it is all downhill with regenerative braking for that unbelievably - but totally expectedly - whiny team from northern Alberta.

At least now no one will have to read claptrap about McDavid being on a level of Orr, Mario, or the Great One. Thank goodness.

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
One thing that you can't help but notice is that Edmonton didn't score a lot of goals this series when they had any sustained pressure. They scored off the rush, often on breakaways and 2 on 1s which Florida gave up. Florida gave up a breakaway goal again tonight, but then they tightened up after that and played more like Florida.

The difference between playing with a lead and trailing summed up. Florida made aggressive and poor decisions while trailing, which led to these odd man rushes and chances. When they played with a lead, they kept things simpler and made far less mistakes.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
As I wrote something like months ago, McDavid would not have enough gas in the tank after facing JT Miller and the Canucks. And that was before I knew that they were going to be given so much rest between games that the championship became as much a mockery as when Tampa first hoisted it in the covid summer league joke a thon.

Tocchet took the Adams, the Canucks will continue to improve, while we have hit peak oil and it is all downhill with regenerative braking for that unbelievably - but totally expectedly - whiny team from northern Alberta.

At least now no one will have to read claptrap about McDavid being on a level of Orr, Mario, or the Great One. Thank goodness.
At least for the 50th year you won the vicarious Cup. The most coveted trophy of all.

Reactions: PuckG

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016

The Canucks played admirably in that series, but this is a bunch of nonsense otherwise lol.

647Hockey

May 5, 2024
Somewhere, I am sure Jonathan Huberdeau is staring out into space pondering what happened. Meanwhile Tkachuk is patting himself on the back for leaving Calgary
And he's going to be staring for a long time on Calgary with that giant contract.

Calgary overrated his pt production as Hubie came from a run and gun Florida offence. The Calgary team he joined is nowhere close to that with those players. 50 pts is what he'll get.

Banjo Cat

May 31, 2007
The difference between playing with a lead and trailing summed up. Florida made aggressive and poor decisions while trailing, which led to these odd man rushes and chances. When they played with a lead, they kept things simpler and made far less mistakes.

Yup. I think scoring first was very important. Edmonton had a few games where they got multiple goal leads early, and then their speedy forwards were able to capitalize on Florida's mistakes.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Congrats to Panthers fans. It was only a year and a half ago that Habs fans were pointing out that the Panthers pick coupled with their own gave them good odds on drafting Bedard. It’s safe to say they went from “chumps” to champs fairly quickly. They had a strong team.

gretzkyoilers

Apr 17, 2012
Yeah Kevin Bieksa said exactly this and is why it was so important for the Panthers to score first.

minimal

Apr 12, 2024
Congrats Florida. What a fearsome, slimy, beast of a team--the only one that legitimately scared me during this season. I respect the hell out of you.

647Hockey

May 5, 2024
He was way overplayed in that final. It’s onw thing playing nearly 26 mins in a regular season game, it’s a completely different thing playing a SCF game 7 with Ekblad on your back all game long.
And that's the classic all or nothing Oilers game style. Live and die off a frontloaded roster of McDavid/Drai/Hyman/Bouch/Ekholm who played a ton of minutes. Then compare to Florida roster.

Slapshot_11

Aug 30, 2006
I hope the oilers sign drai to a massive deal

Guys nothing without mcdavid and cant hold up injury wise in a long run and its only gonna get worse for him

Reactions: Oyletime

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad