Flint Firebirds 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

N Da No

Jun 3, 2018
Good luck to the boys tonight in a tough game against Saginaw.
PS: Why is it that Kingston has announced the Rowe trade, but Flint has not? In fact, Flint never told the truth about the trade when we got Rowe.

Incompetence and a lack of integrity in Flint, now friction (putting it nicely) between coach and GM. Who do you think is going to win out on that?

Hockey61fan

Oct 14, 2018
Incompetence and a lack of integrity in Flint, now friction (putting it nicely) between coach and GM. Who do you think is going to win out on that?
I thought BB hired Wellwood. Why would there be friction? Isn't he his go too guy?

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
I'm more concerned about why Vierling and Bianconi weren't in the lineup. Perfetti was and Saginaw isn't even close to being as shorthanded as Flint.

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
I'm more concerned about why Vierling and Bianconi weren't in the lineup. Perfetti was and Saginaw isn't even close to being as shorthanded as Flint.

I didn't even see them in the building. Really concerning.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017

All other 9 players who were in U17 played today except Vierling and Bianconi....

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
I repeat there is friction between the coach and GM...

"Where are my players?"

"How do you expect for us to compete with a never ending short bench?"
Good. He SHOULD be pissed off about it. Somebody needs to light a fire under Branch. Nilsen can't do it. Obviously Daddy isn't going to scold him.

Reactions: TcNorth

Hockey61fan

Oct 14, 2018
Good. He SHOULD be pissed off about it. Somebody needs to light a fire under Branch. Nilsen can't do it. Obviously Daddy isn't going to scold him.
Brutal how BB has ruined this team under the watchful eye of daddy..... It is like they do not want the team to succeed. Looks as though they are forcing Nilsen to sell so they will be rid of him.
I hope the coaching staff and players revolt against BB. It is obvious they need players and he is doing NOTHING about it...
Hopefully Vierling and Bianconi have not just said I am not going back after playing in U17. That would not be good for the team.

Firebrd828

Oct 21, 2015
I repeat there is friction between the coach and GM...

"Where are my players?"

"How do you expect for us to compete with a never ending short bench?"
Good. Somebody within the organization should be holding BB accountable.

Packman

Jun 19, 2018
ALL PLAYERS should get together and hand in their jerseys just like they did years ago and refuse to play until they get a new GM. Players and fans don't deserve this.

HealthyScratch1

Not Who You Think
Aug 4, 2016
Dort
I haven't heard any concrete info about Vierling and Bianconi but I have overheard a few of the players say that they wouldn't be surprised one bit if they didn't return.

I think Wellwood is the change the birds need however it may be too little too late to undo the BB/Nelson slow train wreck. I know for a fact they tried to get players here by either call ups or trades (for picks) but their losing streak and the unstable management rumblings scared a lot of potentials away.

I don't think you're going to have another walk out. The first time it happened, all the behind the scenes issues came together at one single moment and the boys erupted. This feels like death by a thousand paper cuts

Firebrd828

Oct 21, 2015
...The first time it happened, all the behind the scenes issues came together at one single moment and the boys erupted. This feels like death by a thousand paper cuts
Could this have been stated any better???!!! I think not.:laugh:

Problem now is...keep BB, and you've got unstable management...replace BB, and you've got unstable management. They're approaching an unwinnable situation (if they aren't there already).

HealthyScratch1

Not Who You Think
Aug 4, 2016
Dort
Why wouldn't Vierling and Bianconi return??
I haven't heard they won't return. I just stated what I've overheard from a few of the fellas talking candidly. They were just speculating too. I'm just relaying tid bits that may be relevant to the discussion

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
That option of not returning is more viable for Vierling as he can be traded this year. Bianconi, being a 16yo non-1st round draft pick cannot. The O talks a lot of trash about being the best developmental league in the world and the gateway to the pro's but from a Flint perspective it's hard to not see it as one hell of a Mickey Mouse run league. It's hard not to see the USHL to NCAA path taking over in the near future.

Reactions: hockjock

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
I really hope that by the end of the season, things have improved but right now, all 3 2016 2nd round draft picks are barely having an impact. Holmes, Busby and Wismer. Combining for 42gp 5g 7a and 12pts this year. The #3 overall pick taken from Flint via sanctions and 3 second round picks combining for 12pts. 9th round 2016 pick Eric Uba has 12pts by himself. 2017 10th rounder Jacob Winterton has 10pts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad