Rumor: Fleury with the Avs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
If he's certainly retiring next year, I have no issue for one last go with the Pens.

I'm gonna say it's going to take a 3rd team no matter where he goes due to the cap hit.

Either way, make it count, Marc - Andre...

Reactions: intro9 and Mrfenn92

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
My French is a little rusty - is this a rumour suggesting the Avs as a possible destination or predicting an actual trade?

Gruyeriev

Shut your five hole
Apr 14, 2021
Not happening. We don’t need another starter we need a decent 3rd in case we get into trouble. Frankie and Kuemper’s numbers are better.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
yeah that Vezina is really doing wonders for him this year

He never wanted to play for the Hawks, his heart was never in it. Plus the Hawks are awful defensively led by Seth Jones

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
I’d argue this is more speculation than a rumor. Last month I would have been all for this idea, but the goaltending has really turned it around lately. Giving up the assets he’s worth to land him wouldn’t make sense. Not to mention the cap space that could be used at a much more pressing issue like a legit 3rd liner who can clean up our face off woes or a shutdown bottom 4 defender.

63 others

Mar 3, 2018
Yeah all those cup rings and a shiny best goalie trophy last year ensure he is over rated . Over rated is different than not being a good fit..
Well playing in a solid defensive system helps. Look at grubauer, not so good anymore. He could have won aswell

And bringing up his playoff resume while he and a beachball are a meme, im not sure about that

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Yeah all those cup rings and a shiny best goalie trophy last year ensure he is over rated . Over rated is different than not being a good fit..
Which he is also a good fit lol. That team needs a vet between the pipes.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
For the past seven weeks, the Avs two best players have been Kuemper and Frankie. Goalie play is a team strength. A big reason why the Avs are the best team in the nhl.

Reactions: Richard88

staveNsteel

Jan 18, 2021
Well playing in a solid defensive system helps. Look at grubauer, not so good anymore. He could have won aswell

And bringing up his playoff resume while he and a beachball are a meme, im not sure about that

Most competent goalies will do better in a solid defensive system.. but MAF has been playing for what 19yrs, and been consistently solid over those 19yrs.. 3x SC champ, Vezina at the age of 36.. I hate the "what have you done for me lately" attitude. Maybe he's not a fit for the Avs.. but he is absolutely an upgrade, in terms of leadership, experience, playoff play, and talent, over Kuemper.

dmac7719

Apr 27, 2018
Ontario
Most competent goalies will do better in a solid defensive system.. but MAF has been playing for what 19yrs, and been consistently solid over those 19yrs.. 3x SC champ, Vezina at the age of 36.. I hate the "what have you done for me lately" attitude. Maybe he's not a fit for the Avs.. but he is absolutely an upgrade, in terms of leadership, experience, playoff play, and talent, over Kuemper.
The only thing consistent about MAF is that at some point in the playoffs he just has a stretch of really bad play that has basically always led to his team losing the series. Sometimes it happens in the 1st round, sometimes he takes the team all the way to the finals, but the same thing always happens. He implodes. Even the only time he's lead a team to the cup, 2009 Pens, he did his best to derail that run in the 2nd round vs Washington, Pens were just able to overcome his horrible play and advance.
Now, I think you can make a solid argument that MAF is an upgrade in a lot of areas over Kuemper. But in the playoffs, only one thing matters. Winning the cup. And even though Kuemper has little playoff success, I personally believe that Kuemper gives the Avs a better chance to win the cup, solely based on the MAF history of playing very poorly for a stretch of games at some point in the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad