Friedman: Flames trying to acquire a first round pick

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
Calgary wants a first round pick? Benning would be my number one target!

Canucks have shown their hand. They want to reassemble the 2017 initial roster. Ferland could be sold as a Dorsett replacement and Benning might bite? If Flames add an out of favor prospect, I bet Benning would do it!

Flamesjustwin

Oct 8, 2010
London ON
I would not give up a 1st round pick, even a late one, for Sam Bennett, but I think there are teams out there that might.
We would not trade him for a late 1st either. At worst he will be a hard checking 40 point guy and could still be much better than that, he is only 21. I get the vultures are circling but BT is not a total idiot and the ridiculous values placed by many posters on this board really mean nothing.

TS Quint

Stop writing “I mean” in your posts.
Sep 8, 2012
You're right, 21 year old 4th overall picks who are fast and tenacious would never be something a GM might give up a 1st round pick for. You may not think he's worth it, and HFBoards may not. Hell, 29 GMs might agree. But all it takes is one guy to think "this kid could be greta with a change of scenery; we can fix him."
4 years after the draft I don’t think the position the player was drafted in means anything to anyone except fans of the team. Fans really seem to value the draft position of their own players very highly. You would some how value the player less if he was drafted in the 2nd or 4th round? He has almost 3 full NHL seasons to judge his play at this point. That seems like a better method to evaluate a player good or bad.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
You realize that Fox had the best PPG for a freshmen defencemen since Brian Leetch like 30 years ago, right?

Brian Leetch is still the greatest American defencemen to ever lace me up.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
The Sabres will most likely have a 1st in the #2-5 range. If they get #1 through the lottery, they are obviously taking Dahlin. If they don't win the lottery, I could see this pick in play given Calgary's abundance of D at all levels.

What's Calgary offering for a top 5 pick?

Hamilton and one of the D Prospects?

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
I remember the last time BB overestimated the quality of his team and traded their 1st...
Good luck, Calgary. You'll need it.

That being said, I'd be happy to include the Leafs first in a package for one of your surplus of defensemen. Hamonic probably isn't worth more that 1st + prospect, is he?

Last edited:

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
The Sabres will most likely have a 1st in the #2-5 range. If they get #1 through the lottery, they are obviously taking Dahlin. If they don't win the lottery, I could see this pick in play given Calgary's abundance of D at all levels.

What's Calgary offering for a top 5 pick?

Hamilton and one of the D Prospects?

You think Hamilton, a 6’5, 50 point defencemen with some of the best analytics in the NHL isn’t worth a top 5 pick on his own? Wut?

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
You think Hamilton, a 6’5, 50 point defencemen with some of the best analytics in the NHL isn’t worth a top 5 pick on his own? Wut?
I wouldn't trade a top 5 pick for Hamilton. I would give a mid range 1st + 2nd round pick.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
I remember the last time BB overestimated the quality of his team and traded their 1st...
Good luck, Calgary. You'll need it.

That being said, I'd be happy to include the Leafs first in a package for one of your surplus of defensemen. Hamonic probably isn't worth more that 1st + prospect, is he?

He would be worth a lot more than that.

guzzy

Jul 6, 2005
LOL Treliving. What a **** up.
he's hardy a f*** up. He's only made two real mistakes as GM. Paid too much for Hamonic. Paid too much for Brouwer. Everything else he has done has been quite good actually. Thanks for coming out though.!!!

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Lol, he doesn't hold that kind of value. For Provo YOU'D be the one adding and a lot more than just a first

Not a chance the Flames are adding anything in a Provorov for Tkachuk trade, let alone a lot more than a first.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
he's hardy a **** up. He's only made two real mistakes as GM. Paid too much for Hamonic. Paid too much for Brouwer. Everything else he has done has been quite good actually. Thanks for coming out though.!!!

And he didn't even pay too much for Hamonic so he is actually even better than you thought.

Spectra

Registered boozer
Aug 3, 2005
We will give you the NAS pick for Sam Bennett.

Or Saad + Murphy + the pick for Bennett and Brodie.

Deadly Dogma

All I have is substantially vapid opinions
Sponsor
May 3, 2016
I hope the Flames don't offer too much for a 1st in this draft. This draft looks like a total shot in the dark after 7th-10th

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad