Rumor: Flames expected to fetch a 2nd round pick at minimum for G Dan Vladar

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
At minimum, backup goalie Dan Vladar is expected to fetch a second-round pick. Calgary is shopping him to teams that need a low-cost option in goal. He’s signed for two more years at $2.2 million per season.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Lots of goalies come on the cheap. As a backup Vladar is okay. A second rounder from a top club, who needs a cheap backup, is certainly possible.

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005
I mean... He's young and has been a below-average NHLer so far (but otherwise good enough for backup duties, though nowhere near the quality a playoff team would be comfortable with to start the season as a clear 1B option as opposed to a backup), and he's signed at 2.2M, which is probably appropriate (but definitely not cheap).

The only way I can see it work is if the acquiring team thinks there's an upside here. ... And if the Flames send a 4th and a contract (hopeless ECHLer or something) the other way.

Reactions: Guttersniped

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
He was great last year and decent for about half the year this year. Then fell off a cliff.

Take the 2nd and run

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I would do it as a Habs fan if he is forced to remove the L from his last name and change his first name to Garth.

Garth Vadar. Then he can wear a black goalie mask.

Last edited:

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
I have. He played well against the Penguins earlier in the year. Still not worth a 2nd.

Georgiev returned a couple middle-round picks.
I've watched all his games. His Sv% was done, but so was the league average (0.894 vs 0.904).

His GAA, 2.87, was better than the league average of 2.97.

His record was 14-6-5 on a team that struggled scoring and this in only his 2nd full year in the league.

He was drafted in the 3rd round and Calgary paid a 3rd round pick to obtain him.

Now with a couple of years under his belt and a not too bad performance, he will easily fetch a 2nd rounder. Especially by a team looking for a 6'5" 209 lb. 25 year old with a lot of runway. Being cost controlled for two years is a bonus.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I've watched all his games. His Sv% was done, but so was the league average (0.894 vs 0.904).

His GAA, 2.87, was better than the league average of 2.97.

His record was 14-6-5 on a team that struggled scoring and this in only his 2nd full year in the league.

He was drafted in the 3rd round and Calgary paid a 3rd round pick to obtain him.

Now with a couple of years under his belt and a not too bad performance, he will easily fetch a 2nd rounder. Especially by a team looking for a 6'5" 209 lb. 25 year old with a lot of runway. Being cost controlled for two years is a bonus.
You should definitely get your hopes up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad