GDT: FLAMES (37-27-17) vs. SHARKS (22-42-16) | 8 p.m. MT | TV: Sportsnet | RADIO: Sportsnet 960 The FAN

23Monahan

Jul 2, 2018
I'll watch the young guys next year if there are changes made innthe front office. Not watching this tonight after the failure of a season. Can't think of a worse way to fail then to be an old goony team that will get the worst draft pick out of any non playoff team.

This is the first year I took all my calgary flames shit down in my house and car and put all my jerseys away (and thinking of selling them), and actually threw out some older shirts as i get angry looking at them with an owner and management team that seems like they are sabatoging the future even though we aren't even close to being good enough now.

If this is the status quo I'm probably just going to try to be a neutral fan or maybe take nexg year off from watching nhl. I feel like if more fans did the same Murray would actually realize it is hitting his wallet and not try to patch up holes that actually need to be fixed for the purpose of selling more tickets immediately.

herashak

Mar 24, 2013
Going to this one so I can see if Coronato has what it takes to pot 30 next year, which would let me cope with the state of the franchise going into the offseason

beakerboy

Sep 23, 2009
Wisconsin
We all know what is really happening tonight: Wolf backup. Coronato benched after a mistake leads to the first goal against. Pelletier stuck with looch and Lewis.

Reactions: Tofveve

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Going to this one so I can see if Coronato has what it takes to pot 30 next year, which would let me cope with the state of the franchise going into the offseason
It's exciting to see the top prospect finally, but this is a joke right? it's one game.

Reactions: 23Monahan

barriers

Feb 10, 2020

Of course it's Duehr that ends up scratched. Wouldn't want to scratch an under-performing player

Master Bill

Congrats, Oilers! (2023)
Nov 9, 2014
Man - Poor Ruzicka still can't get into the lineup. That's got to be one frustrated player.
Absolute f***ing joke. Instead of leaving out Lucic and Lewis who will likely be gone from this team after this game, Darryl decides to scratch Duehr and Ruz who will be on the team next season. The lack of common sense in this senile farmer is absolutely ridiculous.

Roadrage

Mar 25, 2010
Next door
Ruzicka has next year under contract and RFA in 24/25. If next season is like this season, I doubt he resigns again and will leave...heck, may even go back to Europe.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
Honestly at this point of the season I couldn't care less who is scratched, as long as Coronato and Wolf are playing.

Yepthatsme

Oct 25, 2020
Absolute f***ing joke. Instead of leaving out Lucic and Lewis who will likely be gone from this team after this game, Darryl decides to scratch Duehr and Ruz who will be on the team next season. The lack of common sense in this senile farmer is absolutely ridiculous.
Can’t speak on Ruzicka, but hasn’t it been all but confirmed Duehr has been banged up and battling some injuries since his call up? Pretty realistic with this game being meaningless they just aren’t playing guys who are hurt, as shown by Tanev sitting as well.

Anyways, with only guys like Wolf, Coronato, and Pelletier having something to play for, expect them to be flying while the rest of the roster goes through the motions. One of Pelletier or Coronato scores tonight or atleast sets up a goal, Wolf puts on a show, and we have a very measured and reasonable response on this board about dinosaurs ruining our season or something.

Reactions: flames23

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad