Confirmed Signing with Link: [FLA] F Sam Reinhart signs extension with the Panthers (8 years, $8.625M AAV)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
I don’t know why it’s so hard for Florida fans to understand that just because their team sucked back then doesn’t mean they don’t have a huge advantage now that they have a good team that can take advantage of low taxes.

The leafs have been terrible for decades, does that mean that Toronto will not have a huge advantage if they removed the salary cap today?
It other fans that try to simply boil it all down to “tax advantage” while overlooking all the other factors involved. No state income tax, but the state makes up that lost income in other ways... and again none of the tax advantage mattered when the team was a joke organization. It is a factor, but not the only factor

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Wild cap number when you compare it to the guys in Toronto. Is Reinhart a regular 45- 50 goal guy moving forward? It’s quite possible.

It's quite possible that a career 30g/82GP guy is going to be a regular 45-50 goal scorer entering age 29 in Nov after only getting close to 45g in his big UFA year with a career high shooting%?

New User Name

Jan 2, 2008
That's the only way to deny McJesus' access to the Cup.
Hate to say it but if McDavid wants a cup...heck if any player wants a cup, look to Florida or Dallas.
Nice weather, anonymity, good management and to top it off no state taxes.

As for Reinhart, good deal, congrats Panther fans.

Reactions: Vilam

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
The 8th year probably brought this down slightly from the 9's. Good player, but risky commitment. I think if he can consistently reach 35 goals the next 5-4 years it's a good signing with the cap going up. Obviously, you're hoping the first few are more than 35 after what he just did.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Florida fans think Zito is an amazing GM because he can sign players for below market value and it has nothing to do with low taxes…

Similar to how Tampa fans thought Yzerman was an amazing GM in Tampa. I wonder how he is doing in Detroit?
Tell me more about the taxes in Tampa when he was a genius vs Detroit where isn't as you disprove your own point

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Any Canadian team really. That's just the reality I suppose. Need to get lucky with the draft lottery or just draft really well.
True, but this a discount even by state tax standards. He clearly just wanted to stay there and give the team more room to win.

GreytWun

Sep 29, 2017
Ontario
Florida fans think Zito is an amazing GM because he can sign players for below market value and it has nothing to do with low taxes…

Similar to how Tampa fans thought Yzerman was an amazing GM in Tampa. I wonder how he is doing in Detroit?

I don’t know, he’s got the 3rd best farm system in the league right now. I think Yzerman is doing just fine.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad